The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Criticism of Israel is not anti-semitic per se > Comments

Criticism of Israel is not anti-semitic per se : Comments

By George Browning, published 24/5/2013

Parliamentarians of both State and Federal Parliaments have been enthusiastically signing the London Declaration which condemns ant-Semitism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
LEGO, Sam C claimed that New Matilda is anti-Semitic.
You say Sam C is right.
Can you please provide us with the evidence that New Matilda is anti-Semitic.
Posted by fungus, Saturday, 1 June 2013 7:04:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Fungus.

My quip to SamC, that his assertion that Newmatilda was anti Semitic, was because NewMatilda regularly regurgitates the standard left wing party line that the Joos are responsible for the endless cycle of violence in that part of the world. And NM doesn't like anyone who opposes their twisted view.

I got chucked off within 5 posts, which is indicative of how intolerant the left is with anyone who opposes their views on anything.

Could I make an observation here? The left was always a supporter of Israel, but that changed when the Israelis kept winning. People like yourself believe that all human conflicts are caused by oppressors being naughty to victims. Winners are always the oppressors, and losers are always the victims.

Faced with a war where the losers were the oppressors, was just too much for the left. It was a contradiction in their most holy orthodoxy. And many lefties also think that war is caused by racism. The Joos, who are the usual victims of racism by everybody else, should have been the left's natural allies in their campaign against racism.

But what did the Joos do? They created a racist state themselves out of self preservation, just like everybody else has done. This was anathema to the left. The Joos as racist as everybody else? It was unthinkable. It was treason.

So the left swapped sides and made the Israelis the oppressors of the poor little Arab Muslims, who were the world's experts at genocide and ethnic cleansing. Even Muhammad himself was an ethnic cleanser. It is funny when you think about it.

The real reason why the Muslims hate Israel is because it was a land conquered by Islam and it has left the caliphate and become Jewish again. THAT is absolute anathema to Islam. Hitler once said that Nazism could only advance, and he refused to allow his soldiers to ever retreat. THAT is Islam's attitude, exactly.

But in the same way that Lenin scoffed at the West's "useful fools", the Muslims have got you fooled with your own peculiar ideology.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 2 June 2013 11:16:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a regular reader of New Matilda, I can honestly state that I have never seen an article on it that claims that the Jews are responsible for the endless cycle of violence in the Middle East.

There have been articles on it about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, but none of them have claimed that world Jewry is responsible. There is a marked difference between the nation of Israel and the Jewish people.

Your claim that the Arab Muslims are "the world's experts at genocide and ethnic cleansing" is blatantly racist. It tars every Arab Muslim with the same brush. It also completely disregards the validity of the Palestinian plight. If those are the kinds of comments you made on the New Matilda website then I am not surprised they banned you.
Posted by fungus, Sunday, 2 June 2013 9:40:48 PM
This list of writers pretty much says what the New Matilda web site is about. Plus those who write for it, all on the far left and anti-Israel. Anthony Loewenstein being a very antisemitic self-hating Jew, who I have had the misfortune to cross paths with on occasion.

In May 2007, the policy section of newmatilda.com separated to become the Centre for Policy Development, a left-wing think tank.

• Andrew Bartlett Bartlett is currently the convenor of the Queensland Greens

• Robert Fisk Middle East correspondent of The Independent for over thirty years, based in Beirut. Very left leaning publication

• Clive Hamilton Australian Greens candidate

• Antony Loewenstein No more comments

• John Pilger Far left, with charges against him for his inaccuracies and bias against Israel

• Helen Razer Writes for the Age and SMH. Pretty much sums her up

• Stuart Rees Getting further left a we go along. Director of the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Sydney

• Lee Rhiannon Full blown RED

• Tim Soutphommasane The Financial Times, the Age and SMH.

• Marcus Westbury The Age
Posted by Sam C, Sunday, 2 June 2013 10:38:48 PM
In response to Sam C:

'Anthony [sic] Loewenstein being a very antisemitic self-hating Jew'

How is Antony Loewenstein an anti-Semitic self-hating Jew?

The others you listed you have only described as being left-wing. You haven't explained how they are anti-Semitic.

'John Pilger Far left, with charges against him for his inaccuracies and bias against Israel'

What charges?
Posted by fungus, Monday, 3 June 2013 11:21:11 AM
Hi Fungus.

And of course, you would not tar Nazis, KKK members or One Nation supporters (who you probably think are one and the same anyway) with the same brush? Islam is a belief system, and Nazism is a belief system. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Everybody, my dear Fungus, identifies groups of people that we don't like. We don't like them because we object to their beliefs, or we object to their behaviour. We all condemn individuals according to their group memberships unless those individuals clearly, publically and unreservedly distance themselves from the values, attitudes and behaviours of their peers.

Britain was once considered by left wingers as the scum of the earth, because Britain once had the greatest empire of all. I can still remember the maps on the wall of my school classes that had red all over them denoting the extent of empire. But where is that empire now? Consider the empire of Islam. Wherever the Muslims went, so went ethnic cleansing and forced conversion, coupled with the death penalty for apostates. So the Caliphate empire of Islam is still there. It seems to me that the Muslim practice of empire that mandated genocide and ethnic cleansing on religious grounds was far more effective as a means of colonial expansion than the British system of paternalism.

But NewMatilda was never going to allow me to say that. The truth hurts their ears.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 6 June 2013 8:27:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy