The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wither Australia and the Security Council > Comments

Wither Australia and the Security Council : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 9/4/2013

It is now obvious that in pursuing membership of the Security Council, Rudd as Prime Minister and then Foreign Minister had no agenda other than satisfying his vanity and ego.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
It has taken this long to realise that dudd was a do nothing PM?
His ego was his sole reason for being.
Posted by ateday, Tuesday, 9 April 2013 12:38:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anyone in NSW could have told Ms Gillard this.

>>Carr is coasting. Some in his department consider him lazy, a poor listener, shallow and superficial.<<

I might also add opportunistic and venal to the list, but that doesn't particularly differentiate him from the bulk of his colleagues.

>>...the real test of a foreign minister is moral courage and judgement.<<

While I agree, these aren't qualities I would remotely ascribe to Mr Carr, I am forced to ask the next obvious question. Who, in the current crop of parliamentarians - on either side, mark - would be competent to step up to the plate.

As a country we are an international lightweight, and are commensurately represented by lightweight individuals. Our political system is fundamentally incapable of producing any other sort.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 9 April 2013 1:15:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why blame Rudd for Carr though? the seat was won after Rudd was destroyed by the same gang of wreckers like Carr who wrecked Whitlam.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Tuesday, 9 April 2013 4:30:41 PM
Marilyn; mmm, far be it for me to correct your reminiscence, but I believe it was Kerr that destroyed Whitlam, not Carr?
["Well may we say God save the Queen, because nothing will save the Governor General"!]
Take care, Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 9 April 2013 6:04:52 PM
I wonder if Carr is still working as an American spy?
Would not surprise me.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 9 April 2013 7:40:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy