The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Me-tooism schooling reform > Comments

Me-tooism schooling reform : Comments

By John Benn, published 14/3/2013

All governments maintain a vested interest to improve teacher and teaching quality in schools.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
The need for reform in this area is very apparent but I also agree that it needs to be uniform Federal and State, Public and Private.

While it is many years ago now, I still remember (with horror) the number of my classmates at university who could not pass a year 7 level maths test. This was a prerequisite for passing a Primary education maths course. Only 1 student out of the 120 received 100% in the test (I humbly decline to name him) while over 40 failed. Many of those 40 failed in their second attempt also. The average, if I recall correctly, was around the 50% mark. This is not good enough for teachers who wish to teach Maths to Primary students!

I work in the private system and we do implement many things to mentor our new teachers. My school also falls under an award that requires a NSWIT style submission to move up to the higher pay bands. Good luck bring the public system under this model...
Posted by rational-debate, Thursday, 14 March 2013 9:50:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Many of those 40 failed in their second attempt also.
rational-debate,
I bet they're now bureaucrats.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 March 2013 7:29:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Isn't it funny how those pseudo intellectuals refrain from entering debate when they need to come up with answers ?
When they actually do then it's mostly diversion from subject ridicule.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 March 2013 12:36:04 PM
"I bet they're now bureaucrats."

Interesting you should say that. Many of them stated that their aim was to get through the classroom part of teaching as quickly as possible and into management.

Glad none of them are my bosses...
Posted by rational-debate, Tuesday, 19 March 2013 6:49:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy