The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are the Climate Commission's claims of a hot summer correct? > Comments

Are the Climate Commission's claims of a hot summer correct? : Comments

By Anthony Cox, published 12/3/2013

How can there be a continent wide summer record when no part of the continent had a record?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 36
  9. 37
  10. 38
  11. All
Dear Anthony,

Thank you for your reply however I'm still not sure you understand why there 'can there be a continent wide summer record when no part of the continent had a record'.

If it is something you are still struggling with I can provide a more fulsome answer if needed. I just thought baby steps were appropriate to begin with.
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 11:29:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"baby steps", or in your case burping. Read the article; it says:

"The BOM and the CC could make the point that there does not have to be a record in all the constituent parts of the nation; it is sufficient that it be hot enough everywhere for the record to be broken."

Then:

"The problem is the BOM has not released the methodology of how it reached its conclusion that the summer was the hottest; or what climatic and weather causes were responsible for it, other than saying that AGW has caused it."

If you are privy to how the BOM achieved its record please inform us Mr Steele. And also babystep us through the gross errors made in respect to ocean warming and particular site records made in the CC reports.

csteele, climate whisperer and allround know-it-all.
Posted by cohenite, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 11:38:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Anthony,

You quoting;

"The BOM and the CC could make the point that there does not have to be a record in all the constituent parts of the nation; it is sufficient that it be hot enough everywhere for the record to be broken."

is not the same as you saying you personally accept it.

So do you, Anthony Cox, personally accept that there can 'be a continent wide summer record when no part of the continent had a record', or do I need to do more work here?
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 11:53:43 AM
Yes csteele and you of course are practising your usual brand of supercilious trolling; to wit, you have focused on the minor point that there can be an agglomerate record without any specific records, and not considered this is a NEW parameter with no explanation about its formulation. I mean, after all, maybe this has happened many times before:

http://joannenova.com.au/2013/03/mystery-black-box-method-used-to-make-all-new-australian-hottest-ever-records/

Neither have you considered the parlous state of the BOM's own records which presumably are the basis for this new gee-whiz parameter of a National record temperature, or the fact that both the BOM and CC misrepresent their own records.

Nor have you considered the alternative explanation put forward by Ken Stewart that the new National record may be a construct of a dubious regional maximum record.

Consider these issues, which are the main points of the article, before you proceed further down your little irrelevant track.
Posted by cohenite, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 12:30:32 PM
Oh Anthony, Anthony, Anthony. How could you post such gibberish?

I see you have posted Anthony Watts 0-700m heat anomoly figure with the 'straight' yellow line showing that ocean heat has paused. The figure is a fraud because the yellow line showing ocean heat has paused is not straight, but bent in at least 2 places. And you have simply copied this to prove the CC wrong.

You are such a chump Anthony.

Oh and if you are interested Moomba had its hottest ever recorded temperature of 49.6 on January 12th 2013.

Keep up the good work Anthony, we need more laughs.
Posted by Agronomist, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 12:42:26 PM
I love your references Mr Cox:
Blog link
Blog link
Climate commission summary
Blog link
Blog link
Blog link
Blog link
Blog link
Scientific paper
Blog link
Broken blog link
BOM link
Blog link
BOM link
BOM link

I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

By the way, what is that yellow line on the first graph? That's not a 'highlighted region' pretending to be a regression is it? Because an actual regression would show that the ocean temps are increasing, just as the CC says they are...
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 12:49:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 36
  9. 37
  10. 38
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy