The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wilderian far-right an instructive nuisance > Comments

Wilderian far-right an instructive nuisance : Comments

By Uthman Badar, published 22/2/2013

In the past Wilders has called for things like the banning of the Quran, a tax on the hijab, a ban on Muslim immigration, a ban on building of mosques, and shooting youth of Moroccan descent.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Cohenite :

Grapple with the following reality:

...To an Islamist, portraying them as the enemy is irrational.

...Outright lie: That Muslims are a problem in society,

...Truth: Secularists imposing irreligious immoral liberal values on Muslims is antagonistic; Muslim reaction to this is defensive and forgivable.

...And I will strongly avoid fueling by further engagement, one of your "rants"
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 23 February 2013 8:51:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As an Atheist, I can't take any religion seriously and subsequently I can't take those of faith seriously, the same way I can't take Adults who believe in Santa Clause or the Toothfairy seriously and wonder at their state of mind. If they left well enough alone, like those who babble out loud to the voices in their head, one could leave them to themselves and respect their right to self delusion but they appear to not want to afford me that same right of being left un-accosted.

That aside, Muslims appear to be on the whole the worst of the lot. While there are nasty factions in all branches of religions, once people start killing over cartoons or say it's okay to assassinate a person who writes books (Rushdie) then they loose any credibility and should not even be in the debate.
Posted by Valley Guy, Saturday, 23 February 2013 9:57:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Grapple with the following reality"

Religious conviction is not a reality.

"Truth: Secularists imposing irreligious immoral liberal values on Muslims is antagonistic; Muslim reaction to this is defensive and forgivable."

My mistake; you are a complete ratbag.
Posted by cohenite, Saturday, 23 February 2013 10:26:01 PM
cohenite quote "My mistake; you are a complete ratbag." Took you a while to work that out, should try reading some of his other dribble.

Some people are best ignored, you have just had communication with 1 of them.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 24 February 2013 12:44:36 AM
Phillip S :

...Beware the undercurrent of the "spatial Turn"! The problem with Islam is George Bush!

...The word you are looking for is "Drivel" poor simple fool. Now what part of everyday logic don't you understand?
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 24 February 2013 7:07:03 PM
Hi Dan,

Just a bit of up-date: Bush hasn't been president for more than four years.

Can you give us a bit of a hint about what on earth you mean by "Secularists imposing irreligious immoral liberal values on Muslims is antagonistic' ?

Are you saying that secularism is immoral ? And that secularists, meaning, I suppose, humanists, atheists, liberal democrats, etc., impose their values on Muslims ?

By that, do you mean, values like human equality, scientific enquiry, freedom of expression etc. ? What used to be called Enlightenment values, before the pseudo-left retreated into the arms of pre-feudalists.

And by 'impose', do you mean the Australian state imposing these human values on backward groups like pre-feudalist Islamists ?

I fervently hope that the Australian government, authorities, system, etc. 'imposes values' of equality, enquiry and freedom on everybody, do the extent that it does at all.

I fervently hope that the Australian state will always be based on a foundation of equality, enquiry and freedom of expression, or at least be striving to do so.

And if any backward groups or individuals can't tolerate that, then they can go somewhere else and wallow in their backwardness.

Is that what you are talking about, or are you just a fruit-loop ?

Only asking :)

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 24 February 2013 7:42:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All