The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wilderian far-right an instructive nuisance > Comments

Wilderian far-right an instructive nuisance : Comments

By Uthman Badar, published 22/2/2013

In the past Wilders has called for things like the banning of the Quran, a tax on the hijab, a ban on Muslim immigration, a ban on building of mosques, and shooting youth of Moroccan descent.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
Hi Dan,

I apologise if you feel I have insulted you. Wait for the new Roxon laws and then you can sue me :)

But Islamist terrorism is "not too dissimilar to the Christian version, (A rebellion against Liberalism)" - so you would go into bat for Opus Dei as well ? Is that where the Witless Left of Australia (WLA) stands these days ?

You then make the perfectly honest qualification: " ... but much more violent." Yes, indeed with some 1,800 terrorist attacks around the world since 2001, they are a bit more violent that the most rat-bag Christian groups. Not even Opus Dei can match that.

So what is this "Morality of Islam" if not a repudiation of gender equality, a rejection of standard freedoms (especially the freedom of belief, or non-belief) and an uncritial worship of the unchangeable Word, the Book, the Desert 'Knowledge' ? i.e. a rejection of all of the freedoms and hard-won human rights gains that the West has had to go through a thoudand years of persecution for ? A struggle that Islam has not yet begun, by the way.

So there it is for the WLA - choose the certainties of a backward ideology, or take the risks thrown up by the imperfect, hard-won and human Enlightenment.

It's your choice.

By the way, why do you think the West, esp. the US, is so keen to diminish its reliance on oil, by developing renewable sources of energy, and to do so by promoting the menace of AGW ? And could that diminishing reliance be one reason for resentment against the West in the oil-producing countries ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 25 February 2013 8:36:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some more footage has emerged of the counter protest against Wilders out at the La Mirage reception centre in Melbourne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjPtGRe_GGQ&feature=player_embedded
The guy in the grey shirt assaulting the older man is Yarra city councillor Anthony Main, the bald guy is is Main's sidekick and fellow UNITE union organiser Alex Sproule.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 25 February 2013 10:28:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JOM:

Mains twitter A/C suddenly dead in the water since 21 Feb. Maybe he's where he should be! The "Blue-Alliance" springs to mind.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 26 February 2013 8:18:04 PM
Hi Cdan,

I apologise yet again for seeming to offend you: I lay awake at nights trying to work out how and where.

But in the meantime, you may gain something from this article by a good friend of mine:

http://www.quadrant.org.au/magazine/issue/2013/3/choosing-to-be-offended

There's a lot of that around. I remember arguing with an Aboriginal student back in about 1996 and he simply said "You're a racist." When I asked him swhy he thought so, he said simply, "You're disagreeing with me."

Well, on the continuum, there's disagreement, there's argument, there's offensive remarks, there's insults, there's incitement to smack some idiot in the mouth, and there's incitement to attack smebody because of their ethnicity/race/gender/suppot for Western Sydney Giants.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 1 March 2013 3:58:14 PM
Joe:

Sleep well!! Serious.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 1 March 2013 6:33:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy