The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Prisoner X exposes double standards > Comments

Prisoner X exposes double standards : Comments

By Joseph Wakim, published 20/2/2013

Imagine if Prisoner X was an Australian dual citizen who was recruited and incarcerated by the Syrian Mukhabarat rather than the Israeli Mossad.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Dear Yuyutsu

I have family both in Australia and in the UK.

I agree that nationalism and national identity can be a cause of wars, or at least sustain them. “My country, right or wrong” has always seemed to me a stupid and dangerous creed. But our families, history and experiences shape our values and the causes we champion. Australian Jews and Australian Muslims understandably are more likely to take an active interest in Middle Eastern politics than the rest of us; some to the point that they will travel there and work or fight for what they believe.

There is a difference between fighting for Israel/Palestine because you are a Jew/Muslim, and holding a conviction that the Israeli/Palestinian cause is worth fighting for influenced by the fact that you are a Jew/Muslim.
Posted by Rhian, Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:13:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No and no James. What is the point of secure borders for squatters and illegal migrants living in someone else's country? The country is Palestine and it has never, ever been a jewish anything as many historians have now proven.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Thursday, 21 February 2013 3:58:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Marilyn,

<<What is the point of secure borders for squatters and illegal migrants living in someone else's country?>>

So you call people "squatters" merely for being born where they were?

<<The country is Palestine and it has never, ever been a jewish anything as many historians have now proven.>>

Why do you think I should care? The fact is, that under a Jewish state (which I may otherwise dislike) my family survives, while under an Arab/Muslim state they would all be slaughtered.

You may keep being right while my family remain "wrong" but alive!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 21 February 2013 4:21:50 PM
Marilyn, you have repeatedly proved your antisemitic credentials, so enough already.

I have no idea where you are getting your information from, but even Arab sources will tell you that there never was a country called Palestine. It is and has been a region, since it was renamed very early in the CE, the date of which I forget, that was pre-Islam

The Romans renamed it in the hope the could rid the area of its Jewish connections. The area along the Jordan was Judea and Samaria and the coastal plain was Canaan. The Old Testament which is over 3,000 years old back up that fact.The Arabs come from Arabia, hence their name.
http://www.differentspirit.org/articles/boundaries.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Israel

This was a comment from a person I became acquainted with recently on a blog.
"I have spent considerable time in Jordan and Israel, mostly in my archaeological pursuits. I am a field archaeologist who has worked with the University of Adelaide, Israeli Antiquities, Associates for Biblical Research and a private contractor. I have a great interest in the history of Israel and find that the archaeological proofs back up that the Jews have indigenous connections to the land."
Posted by SF, Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:05:25 PM
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=7416#115027

"What is the point of secure borders for squatters and illegal migrants living in someone else's country?"

I already pointed out one reason why. I doubt you'd care but in suicide bombings Israeli Jewish peace activists have been killed.

"The country is Palestine and it has never, ever been a jewish anything as many historians have now proven"

Who has proven that? There's a possibility that you maybe uncritically accept any sources that agree with your politics. Here's a quote from a 2008 comment of yours re the holocaust:
---
"Official figures for the Jewish populations of Germany in 1933 were 450,000, two thirds whom fled before the holocaust.

IN Austria it was only 180,000 and two thirds of them escaped. Where the 6 million comes from is obviously another load of bunkum."

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=7416#115027
---
Posted by james8, Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:53:07 PM
so the lies continue. Contrary to those lies:

!. Israel was not created by the UN to be a Jewish state. It was created to ensure a homeland for Jewish people. The rights of existing residents in that territory were not to be diminished. The UN authority establishing ISrael was quite specific on that point.

2. Palestinians are not Arab, and not all Arabs threaten Israel. To say otherwise is a discrimination.

3. Jewish people apart from those from some parts of Russia and Palestinians are all semitic people.

Marilyn I know you are not anti-semitic. I know SF often defames people on this site with that assertion. I think you should threaten to sue the little cowardly mongrel. That usually sees him turn tail and gallop away like a frightened little ass.
Posted by imajulianutter, Friday, 22 February 2013 6:55:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy