The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The election - any date won't do > Comments

The election - any date won't do : Comments

By Julie Bishop, published 14/2/2013

Julia's September 14 date with destiny clashes with dates that are important to Australia's international interests.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Deqar Arjay,

<<All religions are about control of human populations by a few elites and god is always replaced by money to achieve their aims>>

Not every group which calls itself a religion, is in a fact a religion and vice-versa, not every person who claims to be irreligious is in fact irreligious. I don't think that you, for example, are!

In most cases there is little in common between religion and organised religion.

By definition, anyone who replaces God with control and/or money, is no longer religious - no matter what they call themselves.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 14 February 2013 10:06:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu

What on earth are you talking about?
Posted by SF, Thursday, 14 February 2013 10:23:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SF,

<<What on earth are you talking about?>>

I was referring to a blanket statement by Arjay as if ALL religions are about control and money.

I know this has nothing to do with the coming elections or their date, but since I already receive alerts on this topic and since that statement is an affront to all religious people, I could not let it pass without comment.

(Arjay, sorry for the extra 'q' that slipped in, I meant to write "Dear Arjay")
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 14 February 2013 11:32:42 PM
I would think that given the daily, ever more vile, evil portrayed by the majority of political/religious/ethical/moral and institutional Jewish international efforts from within the Zionistic influence from those purporting to represent the nation of Israeli, it is obvious the fundamental Jewish movement now portrays and has clearly demonstrated they are incapable of having any meaningful input into any serious international discussion, international or national politics, ethical discussion or truthful compassion for others, other than themselves.

It is apparent to me that perhaps those 90,000 odd votes, if that is the correct figure (eligible voters), being missing at the polls or being unable to support any political institution or candidate in the upcoming Australia election is blessed by the date selected by the current PM.

Do Australian’s really need these blinkered, biased and unfriendly fruit-cakes voting in an election that should be centred on Australian issues for Australian people, I think not.

If your religion precludes you from voting on the day or being involved in politics on the day of voting, I am so much more secure in my conviction that religion really does defy rational thought, moral and ethical conviction and the need to stay in touch with real events that affect real people in a real world.

We are all challenged by genuine issues that have absolutely nothing to do with a dreamt up version of some mythical religion based on nothing but misinformation, lies and duplicity from those in authority, particularly from those within a misinformed religious ‘sect’ based on an irrelevant and uncompromising Jewish religious doctrine whereby certain people place themselves above and beyond so many others.

What is their real motive?

Australian politics needs the religious based Jewish vote (and therefore religious bigotry and bias) as much as a swimmer needs blood in the water whilst swimming at the beach.
Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Thursday, 14 February 2013 11:40:06 PM
Dear Geoff,

Do Australian’s really need these blinkered, biased and unfriendly fruit-cakes voting in an election that should be centred on Australian issues for Australian people, I think not.

If your sports-star worship precludes you from voting on the day or being involved in politics on the day of voting, I am so much more secure in my conviction that competitive sport really does defy rational thought, moral and ethical conviction and the need to stay in touch with real events that affect real people in a real world.

We are all challenged by genuine issues that have absolutely nothing to do with a dreamt up version of some tribal adherence to local hooligan groups based on nothing but idiocy and mass hypnosis, particularly from those within a misinformed quasi-religious ‘sect’ based on an irrelevant and uncompromising doctrine whereby certain people place their team above and beyond so many others.

What is their real motive?

Australian politics needs the brainless AFL/NFL vote (and therefore beastly bias) as much as a swimmer needs blood in the water whilst swimming at the beach.

Unfortunately nothing but illiteracy stops them from pre-polling and using postal votes well before the match-day.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 15 February 2013 11:20:04 AM
Thank you Yuyutsu BRILLIANT !! Well said.

Geoff of Perth has a reputation which precedes him. He's well known around the blogosphere.

Everyone is entitled to believe in what they want, be it on a political or religious level. There is no need whatsoever to go on the attack.

That attack/comment of Geoff's Yuyutsu is what we were referring to earlier.

If he had bothered to read what I wrote on page 1, maybe he would have held back on his biased ill-informed views of others......

* It makes a huge difference to me what date the election is held on.

I am in no way religious, but this is the one of two days in the Jewish calendar I and most Jewish people observe.

More importantly I am involved politically and after having worked through an entire campaign I wont be able to be there for Polling Day and the Count. I know I am not alone here.

There are also candidates who will be disadvantaged by not being able to service their electorate*
Posted by SF, Friday, 15 February 2013 12:06:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy