The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The election of a lifetime > Comments

The election of a lifetime : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 12/2/2013

My best personal analysis of the current state of play is that we will end-up with another hung Parliament, because most Australians simply do not want either of the major parties to govern them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The only Angst ridden wails over who will win is among the undeserving who would rule.
McCackie,
you deserve a medal for this ! This is one of the most to the point & fact statements made here on OLO.
What else can one say ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 7:37:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"A machine which uses up valuable resources compared to a machine which doesn't use up valuable resources, for the same result."

You're delusional Grim; I mean I can understand the desire to believe in 'natural' power; the gentle breezes and dappled sunlight providing endless, environmentally stress free power; but you have to live in the real world not with the pixies down the bottom of the garden.

FIT provides NO electricity used by the grid; the wind-towers of SA, well see for yourself:

http://windfarmperformance.info/?date=2013-02-10

Match the output with demand; and bear in mind that just because a windmill is producing power doesn't mean it is being used as electricity. Wind is producing about 900MW of intermittent power while demand is over 20000 continuous MW nationally and about 6000MW in SA alone.

People like you Grim would have us all living in caves.
Posted by cohenite, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 7:38:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It’s a shame such threads are so quickly shifted off topic but I suppose the left wing terror of not getting a hearing on all things population, wind farms and CAGW must take precedence. I suppose this justifies changing every thread to what keeps you awake at night.

It must be awful when panic strikes and you suddenly realize that only your own side is listening.

Everald, I’m inclined to go with the Bookies. LNP at $1.20, ALP at $5.00. Ooops!
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 9:32:10 AM
“I suppose this justifies changing every thread to what keeps you awake at night.”
One can only assume Spindoc is referring to his idol Cohenite here, since my initial post referred to several points made in the article, whereas Cohenite's only contributions to this thread have concerned his struggle with modern technology -apart from offering a link to the ever unbiased, unprejudiced Pickering.
“People like you Grim would have us all living in caves.”
Fascinating how a person so vehemently in favour of a dirty fuel technology more than a century old, and so vehemently opposed to new technology still improving in leaps and bounds should claim to be pro-technology.
Here's an apt quote from the U.S. Dept. of Energy:
“Coal is the most plentiful fuel in the fossil family and it has the longest and, perhaps, the most varied history. Coal has been used for heating since the cave man...”
Tell the truth, Cohenite. You feel safe in that cave, don't you? No need to adapt to changing circumstances, no need to change your thinking...
I would also agree with Everald's assessment of the chances of another hung parliament. The only factor in Gillard's favour is bloody Abbott.
And of course, vice versa.
Posted by Grim, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 11:05:45 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm no Luddite Grim; if solar and wind worked I'd have no objection; they don't, they are a scam; and remember the 1700's was the age of wind and Archimedes invented concentrating solar over 2000 years ago.

As for coal being dirty, yep, it has a dirty history with real pollution issues, NOT CO2, but vast improvements have been made in coal burning technology as China and India have discovered with Ultra SuperCritical technology:

http://www.worldcoal.org/coal-the-environment/coal-use-the-environment/improving-efficiencies/

And I'm a great fan of Thorium which has a proven track record.

Anyway the sledgehammer of CSG is going to beat the greens, alarmists and other sundry ratbags into pulp real soon.
Posted by cohenite, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 11:22:03 AM
alarmists and other sundry ratbags into pulp real soon.
cohenite,
are you predicting an end to Labor ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 4:28:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy