The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The burn or bury dilemma > Comments

The burn or bury dilemma : Comments

By Sophie Love, published 6/2/2013

Burning a body requires a very hot fire but I was surprised how small it seemed to be. As in life, Baby was beautiful to the bitter end.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
You are perpetuating the myth that cremated remains are ash-like and can float away on the breeze. They are the ground up remains of the biggest bones and resemble gravel.
Posted by Candide, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 9:10:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Eventually she was in pain,I couldn't bear that", it is such a pity that we cannot be put down like your beloved horse when we are also in extreme pain and loss of dignity, we are no different to any animal and should be treated the same accordingly.
Posted by Ojnab, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 9:16:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to admit - Yuk!

The sensible paras toward the end of this article do not overcome the loony tone before.

Bestiality yesterday. Today:

"Although I have fought the urge in the past to dig up a dog a few days after burial just to hold him once more."
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 9:46:39 AM
A nice enough story.
But please find a completely different Understanding of how to serve a dying animal, and its corpse too.
http://sacredcamelgardens.com/wordpress/serving-dying-animals
And of death altogether
http://www.adidam.org/death_and_dying/index.html
Posted by Daffy Duck, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 10:50:09 AM
...A beautiful and expressive article: A mixture of the emotive and the banal. Even worse than the stark surrounds of the cemetery are the council staff who are given precedence in their imperative for a swift closure to the grave. Where is the time for the farewell at the grave side?

...So I think in conclusion to the question of the article, to burn gives the freedom and privacy in the end for emotional farewells. Many people treasure the safe keeping of ashes in urns for the period of the mourning, a period which is set by the individual and not by conformity to council rules and regulations at the graveside!

...And finally, I know many horsemen who will end the life of a struggling animal with the swiftness of a bullet in preference to the chemically induced heart attack of euthanasia drugs which cause convulsions. Death of a much loved animal is always a very sad moment.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 11:00:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy