The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The life in our years > Comments

The life in our years : Comments

By Shira Sebban, published 5/2/2013

40 is when we attain understanding, 50 when we can offer advice, and 60 when we finally reach seniority.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Pericles "....when I was young I took absolutely no advice from older people." What's changed Pericles?
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 5 February 2013 9:46:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have a similar anecdote but have forgotten the source.

"When I was 20 I cared a great deal about what the world thought of me.
When I reached 30 I no longer cared what the world thought of me.
Now I've reached 40 I finally realise that the world simply doesn't think about me at all."

I'm way past 50 now but can see much truth in that assessment.

In the end it all comes down to tolerance.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 5 February 2013 10:54:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting question, Arjay.

>>Pericles "....when I was young I took absolutely no advice from older people." What's changed Pericles?<<

The answer of course is, absolutely nothing.

One odd thing about it, though, is that nowadays I find there are far fewer older people whose advice I can ignore. Where did they all go?
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 8:52:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On Line Opinion.
Posted by Grim, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 12:01:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy