The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Where are the political heroes? > Comments

Where are the political heroes? : Comments

By Malcolm Colless, published 30/1/2013

‘We don’t need another hero’, Tina Turner sang in the 1985 blockbuster Australian movie Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
JohnBennets. I respect your qualification in the matter you debate, whatever that qualification may be. My qualification? I am a voter of course, therefore eminently qualified to hold an option in the matter.

Anyone here who is without the qualification I bring is, however, welcome to an opinion ie a 16 year old.

I applaud your respect for the truth but, so often our perception of 'truth' is dependent on such a variety of external factors. Nonetheless, to ourselves it is still the 'truth'.

My concern is the tendency to restrict or ridicule those in a public forum, those whom we either disagree with or consider not to have sufficient intelligence or 'qualification'. I do believe they, like yourself have the right to a hearing.

Those that advocate for mendacious regulation of the varying forms of media, in an attempt to eliminate even the most ridiculous (to me) ideas, using the most offensive (to me) language, I view with considerable suspicion.

From what I read above, you appear to be one of those advocates. I could be wrong of course.

Do I understand that you consider myself, Individual and Hasbeen not to also respect the truth?

Hasbeen proposes an excellent character trait in a PM. One that is booring, booring booring (3) to the extent that we have a government is something operating quietly in the background, quite small and gets out of my private life.

An inconvenient 'truth' that I, like the author, has concluded, is that this government, on balance, really has made a complete and somewhat embarrassing hash of the whole damn thing.
Posted by Prompete, Thursday, 31 January 2013 3:03:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cont.

I feel that I must come down on the side of Individual re his economic observations. I know, I am a 'sceptic' regarding the evaluation of "international opinion, which is that Australia's current Treasurer is the top of the pile.".. You know, that August body of economic managers responsible for Greece, Spain, etc etc, the mob looking after the €uro. Call me a sceptic but........
Posted by Prompete, Thursday, 31 January 2013 4:08:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
and I do care about the truth.
JohnBennetts,
I didn't say you didn't, I just pointed to the fact that you're not seeing it ! It would be better to look around at the mess created by Labor then make your statements. I think it appalling of people to praise those who ruin so much for others. If can't see that could you please take time to take another look ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 February 2013 6:40:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy