The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Boycotting Sri Lanka is not cricket > Comments

Boycotting Sri Lanka is not cricket : Comments

By Stuart Rees, published 9/1/2013

This official Sydney reaction, ' Don't let human rights interfere with cricket' contrasted with the response of officialdom at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
David wrote " I don’t believe in a Trinity or any sort of supernatural entity"

David...sure...but why would you not educate yourself on it anyway...look at all religions, at whats common and where it differs...theres a lot of amazing and inspired ancient work...and we are at an age where these works are just two three computer clicks away...sure you have to weed out a lot of crap to get to the ones with value...but you never know...one just might start you on your journey of discovery...of the non/existence of your soul...

sam
Posted by Sam said, Thursday, 10 January 2013 10:34:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Sam,

Why do you make the assumption that I don't know about the Trinity and the associated nonsense? I conclude that it is nonsense because I know about it.

I have already made a journey of discovery and think there are better usages for my time.

I want to learn more about mycology, mathematics, physics and nature in general. I want to learn more about the arts. One cannot fully appreciate the arts without knowing a bit about the religion behind much of it.

I ask you again. Why do you make the assumption that I don't know about the Trinity and the associated nonsense? I have limited time and think I know enough about it to decide how I want to spend my time.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 10 January 2013 11:05:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David wrote "I ask you again. Why do you make the assumption that I don't know about the Trinity and the associated nonsense?"

David its not about knowing but its a path of discovery and we are all on it somewhere...either moving up or down it...

you wanting to learn about mycology mathematics ets is feeding the mind...

hopefully you see your doctor, eat well and exercise etc ie feeding your body...

third aspect is soul...aka everlasing intelligent energy...and this requires your equal attention too...thats all Im saying...and making no judgement on you of it...but I got the impression that you have decided to ignore this aspect and sit down where ever you are on the path...hence my comment on keep educating yourself on it...

for practical example...did you know your body has energy responsive organs...they are all midline points...pituitary, thalamus, pineal, thyroid, heart(yep your heart), pancreas, prostrate, and g_spot or whatever male equivalent is...

you develop your awareness of these...and can energize depending on situation...you certainly will be aware of its effects...or when its under attack by others...looking at you women...now isnt this an interesting area to explore more on in case this is all news to you...(Budtha used to enjoy energizing his heart while meditating in the forrest...this emanates a strong energy of love all around_light green light...and people would feel it for miles and come looking and find budtha under a bo tree with all animals of the forest sitting around him, snakes to tigers, in peace and all trees bowing their branches towards him...true...in budhist scripture...particularly chinese whom made great strides with their chi and desperately need to get back to their buddist roots...

and on...I strongly say dont ignore soul...there is a wonder of discoveries and benefits that benefits each of us in our lives on this path too...
sam
Posted by Sam said, Thursday, 10 January 2013 1:21:21 PM
Dear Sam,

I concern myself only with what exists. I don't think there is such a thing as a soul.

You wrote: "for practical example...did you know your body has energy responsive organs...they are all midline points...pituitary, thalamus, pineal, thyroid, heart(yep your heart), pancreas, prostrate, and g_spot or whatever male equivalent is..."

I know nothing of the sort. I think your statement is simply nonsense.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 10 January 2013 2:44:58 PM
david wrote "You wrote: "for practical example...did you know your body has energy responsive organs...they are all midline points...pituitary, thalamus, pineal, thyroid, heart(yep your heart), pancreas, prostrate, and g_spot or whatever male equivalent is..."

I know nothing of the sort. I think your statement is simply nonsense"

...sure David...your choice...Id rather have my energy centers in my control...than give it away to others...as is my right...

since this is going no where I wont comment anymore save "The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing" Greek Proverb(in the bigger picture of all knowledge)

sam
Posted by Sam said, Thursday, 10 January 2013 3:02:14 PM
People in Sydney are indoctrinated daily by the Telegraph not to care about anyone but themselves.

The letters pages every day blame refugees for everything that has ever gone wrong with the fat selfish life of some sod in the WEstern suburbs so revered by the lazy pollies in this country.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Thursday, 10 January 2013 4:57:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy