The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mayans and the end of the world > Comments

Mayans and the end of the world : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 11/12/2012

Neither side of the global warming ‘debate’ has been well served by the media.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
voxUnius, I can just see you on the sloping deck of the Titanic calling out, "Don't worry folks. Nothing is wrong. A whale has surfaced underneath us and, in a few minutes, the ship will right itself and we'll all go right on dancing and enjoying ourselves."

The world is full of flat-earth idiots like you, people who can't join the dots, who live in some other reality, who can't see the bus coming until it runs over them.

Don't bore us with your willful ignorance!
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 6:38:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
imajulianutta said "Now Ranald Amusden did a motor driven west east traverse against the prevailing weather in 1901. Now listen carefully ...

he had an 8 week window.

oops somethings not in kilter here ... is it? What do you think? Is the ice receding more now than in 1901 or less now than in 1901?
So much refutable crap from the warmists ... eh?"

Mate, don't bother posting such drivel. Now listen carefully.....

Aside from not even being able to spell Roald Amundsen's name, your account is wrong in every particular. The Gjøa expedition sailed (using the motor very sparingly) east to west (not west to east unless the Boothia Peninsular and Bering Strait have swapped places). It didn't set out until June 1903 and took till August 1906 to clear the Bering Strait. Amundsen took three years to do the passage, not eight weeks as you claim.

Looks like you've made a pretty good case that ice conditions in the Northwest Passage are much better now than in 1903-06. Or would have, if you'd had any kind of grip on the facts of the matter.
Posted by Johnj, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 9:38:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
johnj

I erred on facts. I should have checked instead of relying on my memory. Amundsen did take three years ... to undertake the complete voyage from, GREENLAND. However his traverse of the actual complete NWPassage was in under a total of 8 weeks. Amundsen stopped at King William Land (About two thirds of the way through the Passage) for two years, to learn the ways of the Inuit.
I think it may have been his prep for the Antartic expedition. His experience with sled and dogs would have proved invaluable.

It took him 8 days (In Summer)to motor/sail from there through to The Dease Strait below Victoria Island. That should give a quick guide to times and distances.

'From west to east the Northwest Passage runs through the Bering Strait ... Beaufort Sea, and then through several waterways ... through the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. ... including the McClure Strait, Dease Strait, and the Prince of Wales Strait, ...then through Baffin Bay and the Davis Strait into the Atlantic Ocean.'

Although traditionally, and I think you'd agree, the passage is limited to traversing the areas where the passage becomes 'iced in'. I refered to a window to traverse that stage. From South of Baffin tthrough to below and just West of Victoria Island.

From Wiki
'On August 21, 2007, the Northwest Passage became open to ships without the need of an icebreaker. According to Nalan Koc of the Norwegian Polar Institute this is the first time it has been clear since they began keeping records in 1972.[4][15] The Northwest Passage opened again on August 25, 2008'

Amundsen completed the passage in 1906 without the need of an icebreaker ... either.

The intent of my original point, regardless of direction or times or method, was to show the current conditions in the NW Passage are nothing new.

I'm re-reading Amundsen's and his crew's Journals of the NW Passage. I briefly scanned one last night. Two are now available on the net. They are extraordinary and great reading.

Cheers and thanks for pointing to the need for me to make this correction.
Posted by imajulianutter, Friday, 14 December 2012 10:49:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Malcolm King wrote"On 21 December 2012 the Mayans said the Earth and its inhabitants will undergo a ‘physical or spiritual transformation‘"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29HCv_8kNM4

so now you know about Sumerians...the first culture to have written language...and we have a 12th plantet 'Nibiru'...6 times bigger than earth and solid Iron and volcanoes that cause thick cloud layer so does not reflect light(so difficult to see in night sky unless using infrared or the IRAS satellite images...)

now read 'the 12th planet' by Zacharia Sitchin...the first archaeologist to decipher Sumerian tablets and translate...this book is translation of one series of tablets...and ever since hes been ridiculed by mainstream and discussions to apply logic and reason to the information is somehow prevented...

so now you know about Nibiru is actually made up of many orbiting moons and objects...and annunaki live there and they travelled to earth to mine gold which when atomised in their atmosphere helped retain heat during nibirus deep space section of its 3600year orbit around sun...(the source for 'dragon' in various old cultures legends of firebreathing(nibiru trails lots of dust) flying object in night sky...

and Mayans seem to know the annunaki and nibiru...and knowledge of stars and orbits...and more importantly timings of events...and very accurate time calculator...the tolkien and zol calendar...calender stops on dec2012 dead...

so 2012...apparently nibiru will either pass very close to earth...or impact and shatter earth...and all matter on earth(incld us) will change to pure energy existance...and the mark of this about to happen is for 3days the suns dark...and 3nights there is sun like light...

if so just kiss your rear and be happy because theres nothing else to be done...if not then lets worry about why humans are consuming earth out of existence till it kills us too...humans are virus like...ever changing to consume...

now what this has to do with the rest of the article...please pray tell Mr Malcolm King...

sam
Posted by Sam said, Saturday, 15 December 2012 9:11:32 AM
Boy am I proud to be known as a sceptic.
Posted by imajulianutter, Saturday, 15 December 2012 11:42:46 AM
Dear Sam,

Thank you for your thoughtful and considered contribution to this debate.

You will soon get a call from the Sustainable Population Australia who could use your critical thinking skills to get a senator elected in SA. Believe me, they will do anything to get the numbers to be registered as a political party.

I have been collecting comments on OLO re catastrophes and Book of Revelation style anecdotes and yours is wonderful. Do you mind if I use it for future citations? I'm mindful that I only have a limited licence to 21 December.

Have you told Myers and David Jones about this because it's going to put an awful skid on Xmas trading figures?

Is Nibiru a metaphor for God or are you using it literally as per a dark undetectable planet moving through space which only the Mayans (apols Maya) knew about?

That 'pure energy existence' bit sounds fab.
Posted by Cheryl, Sunday, 16 December 2012 1:29:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All