The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Beaten, homeless and powerless – we can do better than this > Comments

Beaten, homeless and powerless – we can do better than this : Comments

By Rob Evers, published 7/12/2012

Domestic violence is about robbing an individual of their power, so one key way to end it is to empower the victim.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
...And unfortunately not one mention of the greatest underlying cause of domestic violence...Alcohol. I always find that omission interesting on discussions covering this subject!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 7 December 2012 8:56:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is there any chance of getting a filter on OLO, which removes weasel words, like the one that stops us using fruity English?

I personally am much more offended by people using words like "empower" for example, than **@@#**.

I usually find people who use such words have nothing much to say, but want to make a noise anyway.

Is it grant application time again?
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 9 December 2012 11:28:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy