The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ain’t broke, don’t fix it? > Comments

Ain’t broke, don’t fix it? : Comments

By Joel Palte, published 26/11/2012

Why our parliamentary system is finally ready for change.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
foyle I posted this article on Independent Australia web site

http://www.independentaustralia.net/category/australian-identity/republic/page/2/

And I think it might cover everything you said.

The Constitution is over 100 years old and I don't think it fits in with modern Australia. This is my idea of a bit of the constitution that can be updated

The way the president is elected/appointed is thinking outside the box, it could be improve a bit but I think people would get the idea of it.

The senate is not working the way that the constitution was set up for and that is to look after the states rights. With my idea the senate would look after the states more then they do now and no government could get control of the senate.

There is a bit more about the constitution and it is too much to put on here go and have a look and see what you think.
Posted by Little Devil, Tuesday, 27 November 2012 9:29:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia’s Constitution assumes men own women.

Women were prohibited from speaking to or voting on it’s enactment, and from attending the first Parliament.

So the Parliament enfranchised women as men’s property in accordance with the convention prescribed by the Constitution.

Let no woman in Australia be uncertain that under the terms of the nation's Constitution, she is and shall remain, until such time as a women’s legislature is constituted, entirely in accordance with the law of the land the property of men.

There is no immigrant law which overrules this law.

Go figure?
Posted by whistler, Wednesday, 28 November 2012 1:12:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy