The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Thirteen reasons it is unlucky to be male > Comments

Thirteen reasons it is unlucky to be male : Comments

By Greg Andresen, published 23/11/2012

In today's world, who would want to be born a boy?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
We males DO have a problem(S), over the eons we have been reinforced for what we physically do which has resulted in our neurology tending to foster our behaving in some ways that arn't as self serving as they were in the tens or hundereds of thousands years of our evolution.
Women have gone through the same process that has left them better adapted in some ways for our current society.
Our minimal response to our struggles in society is a symptom, WHY are there women's shelters but few if any for men, why are there many benefits for woman's breast cancer and few for the more common MEN's Prostate cancers not to mention our breast cancers (yes guys, You DO
have them and they also can develop cancers)
There are government supported womens clubs, are there also men's? For every men's group there are probably 10 women's, WHY?? We're not wired that way, When we men gather it's about doing a physical act: building things, racing cars, hunting, fishing, etc. Women gather about socially related concepts: the innumerable church and elementary school groups, the league of women voters etc. They join groups and interact more functionally while we're waiting in the forest to kill dinner or maintain our pickup.
Statistically, we're the new disadvantaged mionority. Can we change??
cheers
Posted by Michael Rogers, Friday, 23 November 2012 5:12:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with all your points except no 11 on infant circumcision. I don't see anything wrong with parents agreeing to circumcise their son/s. I was done and knowing what I know now about uncircumcised males, I am pleased my parents made that decision. I believe parents are in the best position to make choices with respect to the welfare of their children, not know-all outsiders.
Posted by Roscop, Friday, 23 November 2012 6:19:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
None of these problems will ever be addressed while our society is in the clutches of ridiculously unrealistic utopian ideologies, that preach equality yet actually demonise males, particularly White males.
I won't hold my breath waiting for realism in contemporary gender memes.

Part of the solution would be for men to set up their own community groups, but this will inevitably bring the screaming harpies out of the woodwork. Perhaps we need secret hand signals and passwords to get in the door.

One problem is also internalised homophobia.
Men are reluctant to adamantly acknowledge their love, admiration or sympathy for other men, lest everyone thinks, you know.
Posted by Shockadelic, Friday, 23 November 2012 6:27:37 PM
Shockadelic.
Feminists will always mock men as being Homosexual (ie weak) if they band together for whatever reason, unless it's something they create and control like the "Men's shed" or other bogus "Mens' Group". The society of men is the gang, the war band, the club or the lodge, and "rights" are privileges we give to outsiders who are useful to us on some level. Nothing can be achieved by Feminists without the support of a sympathetic gang of fighting men willing to go and hurt other men in order to enforce the Female supremacist ideal. Feminists use violence by proxy this is why we now have Anti Fascist thugs and private spy rings like the ADC going after anyone who disagrees with the "Screeching Harpies", only when we men of the West are willing to stand up and physically fight back will we be able to return our societies to some sort of equilibrium.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 23 November 2012 9:32:58 PM
Jay, you are a seriously disturbed person.
Posted by Candide, Saturday, 24 November 2012 9:22:41 AM
Go on, Jay, it's fascinating.

"...only when we men of the West are willing to stand up physically and fight back will we be able to return our societies to some sort of equilibrium."

Pray tell, how do you envisage this marvelous turnabout of events unfolding?

My take: feminist power and influence has increased in proportion to the fortunes of the West. There's less dependency of women on men in a "practical sense"....if our societal fortunes were to falter, feminist influence and the autonomy of women in general would also contract in proportion.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 24 November 2012 9:36:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy