The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia on the Security Council: a chance to show some good international citizenship? > Comments

Australia on the Security Council: a chance to show some good international citizenship? : Comments

By Alison Pert, published 21/11/2012

Perhaps Australia’s two-year tenure on the Security Council will be an opportunity for it to regain some of the reputation it has lost in recent years.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
"Had the Germans succeeded (in WW2) we'd be living in far better world now," says Individual.

Well, that statement destroys any credibility you may have had, sir.

Tell me, do you have a NAZI uniform hanging in your closet, just in case Hitler rises from the dead?
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 21 November 2012 6:21:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia has been put there because we suck up to the USA and Britian.We were given a position on the security council because we are USA puppets.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 21 November 2012 6:50:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay:

"Australia has been put there because we suck up to the USA and Britian"

Are you aware that the UNSC seat is voted on at the general assembly where the entire US and the whole of Britain give us a total of... 2 votes? You can do all the sucking up you want but this is the most number of votes you'll get.
Posted by Avw, Wednesday, 21 November 2012 9:01:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hay Luddy, thanks for the laugh old mate. I would called my self one of those things you called me, if I could spell, or pronounce the word.

Actually old mate, I'm not too sure some of those ladies are really ladies, female yes but lady no. Does that make me a worse one of those things.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 21 November 2012 10:02:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
do you have a NAZI uniform hanging in your closet,
David g,
I can do better than that, I'm surrounded by Labor supporters. You know, National Sozialisten as in the acronym Nazi.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 22 November 2012 5:54:55 AM
Oh, c'mon do-gooders, ran out of academic hot air. Better get some steam up again.
Marilyn Shepherd when can we expect to get to see your solutions to the asylum seeker problem ?
David G ah, never mind.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 24 November 2012 12:35:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy