The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What place for children in a changing society? > Comments

What place for children in a changing society? : Comments

By Sarah Wise, published 25/10/2012

In times of rapid change and globalisation we need to help children find a contented place among family, school and communities of interest.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Google has delivered

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-pubs-calendar-index.htm

My personal favourite is Dwarfism awareness MONTH!

http://australia.gov.au/topics/australian-facts-and-figures/calendars-of-events
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 25 October 2012 3:50:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
H,

A month, huh? That's a long time, considering most of it probably goes over their heads.

My favourite? Miracle Month, which will undoubtedly triple the sales of Lotto tickets around the country.
Posted by scribbler, Friday, 26 October 2012 5:51:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Add to that a moron week & the circus will be complete !
Posted by individual, Friday, 26 October 2012 6:25:43 AM
I like World Salt Awareness Week. For all those people in the world who aren't aware of salt.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Friday, 26 October 2012 7:44:56 AM
I knew that tomorrow marks the end of National Children's Week in Australia – though, in some respects a week doesn't seem long enough, I suppose Australia's children will just have to be grateful with one week and learn greater resilience.

But I confess my ignorance about October being Dwarfism Awareness Month.

I'm so embarrassed, I could kick myself in the head.
Posted by WmTrevor, Friday, 26 October 2012 8:18:25 AM
Was there a national dwarf tossing contest associated with dwarf awareness week? With regional,state and then a national finale.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 26 October 2012 10:20:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy