The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Responses to the Global Crisis > Comments

Responses to the Global Crisis : Comments

By Peter McMahon, published 22/10/2012

We need to recognise the material limits to economic growth.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
"God what a bunch..."

This from the bloke who judges a politician's integrity by whether or not he possesses a driver's license.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 12:21:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen lol you really live up to your name eh? I say - hysterically and shrilly of course - that you and your tribe are bereft of any ideas about how to cope with the failure of your grand narrative. Delusional denial and derisory derision of people who are looking for something better is all you can muster as a response to the very real problems that we face.

Good on you for supporting the Curmudgeon bloke, solidarity is a good thing. It's great to see how you members of the individualist tribe stick up for each other. Provides even more anecdotal evidence for me to believe that E.O. Wilson's group selection theory.

I never cease to admire the remarkable capacity of the human brain to believe that we can make things better and to keep coming up with ideas to make things work better. Well, some human brains do this. Others just hang on to the past, where they felt comfortable, and shout loudly that it was all fine if only you lefties could see that.

Check out this site. It might be useful as a source for the 'facts' that you prefer to believe.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

I thought it was a joke but apparently it is for real!
Posted by Mollydukes, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 6:50:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@ Poirot,

Two points:

1) How very misogynistic of you to assume the politician would be a “he”, and

2) Take a look back at Mollydukes (Marmadukes?) little skit (read: regurgitation of cliché put downs) –which you seem to be defending -it was totally uncalled for/unnecessary. And had more in keeping with a 4 year old showing off.
Posted by SPQR, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 7:04:54 AM
The opening sentence says it all really, another scholarly piece by the 'we'll all be roon' school. You are all immoral, greedy and selfish and I insist on changeling your behaviour because I am on the high moral ground. Listen to me and do what I say!

When the author begins his piece with reference to the 'junk science' found in Carsons book, Segways into the limits of growth junk and 'peak oil' meme, we know we have a piece of junk thinking direct from central casting. Did the author forget the population bomb I wonder?

Predictable dull rehash..... nothing personal Peter, just suggesting the vague generalisations be supported with some genuine empirical data or some reading outside the cocooned leftist 'progressive' world you inhabit.
Posted by Prompete, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 7:21:22 AM
One point, SPQR...

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=5433#148386

If you want, you can give your apology to me and I'll pass it on to Poirot.
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 7:22:39 AM
WMTrevor,

<< if you want, you can give your apology to me and I'll pass it on to Poirot>>

Not neceeeesssssarily.

You see, Hasbeen was decidedly NON-sexist in his disparagement.
He damned ALL all pollies who didn’t have a license.
It was your little Belgian private dick who chose to edit and limit it to “he(s)”
So on that account –no apologies are in order.
But, you can pass on my warm hellos to Poirot, next time you’re in touch -- but, please don't pass anything else on to her.
Posted by SPQR, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 7:58:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy