The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Winning not lecturing > Comments

Winning not lecturing : Comments

By Graham Young, published 22/10/2012

Loved overseas, but relatively unloved at home, Julia Gillard's lecture probably still improved her position.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Perhaps your responses says more about those attracted to the left, than anything else.

I once had a post deleted when I referred to the "hairy armpit brigade". I thought this was unfair in the extreme, as it was a common usage when I was at uni in NSW in the early 60s.

I was paying my own way so did not have time for politicking, but there was a definite bunch of lefty women, Labor or Communists I didn't bother to know, who were thus referred to.

In a group they looked like they were bound for a fancy dress party dressed as Lenin. It was a studied presentation, in dress & grooming, to look as unattractive in the general sense as possible. It appeared they hated men, hated being women, & were damn sure they were going to show it.

The little I saw of Gillard presenting that speech, brought a picture of those students flooding back. I don't think I ever heard any of them speak, but I'm sure they would have sounded just like that.

Hate springs eternal, in the lefty breast.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 22 October 2012 11:04:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Rudd/Gillard leadership of what was once a great Australian political entity, the ALP, has dropped us into ad hominem politics. Twitter politics.
How Gillard must loath us, to so debase the national dialogue. What a hollow, hollow leader she is.
Australia deserves better. Before this latest misogyny outrage, I was quite content thinking I would once again cast an informal vote. Because let's face it - neither side inspires.
But not now. Now she has to go. Even if it means replacing her with Abbott, she has to go
Posted by halduell, Monday, 22 October 2012 11:40:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is surprising how many have been mesmerised by Julia Gillard's spin on misogyny.

Julia vehemently attacks misogyny, but practises misandry by showing her hate for Tony Abbott and Kevin Rudd. This is arch hypocrisy on Julia's part.
Posted by Raycom, Monday, 22 October 2012 11:47:06 AM
Replacing her with Abbott, i don't think so, labor would never allow that.
There's plenty of sour grape juice around, and probably more so today.
Just because you are not comfortable with a woman as number 1, you should be judging how the nation is doing as a whole.
You know what will happen if Abbott gets a chance, belchin joe will be put in last place.
Mr Abbott is a political illiterate, and a dangerous man.
Posted by 579, Monday, 22 October 2012 11:55:25 AM
The effect of Ms Gillard’s speech on voting intentions is less important than the cultural effect. She has struck a significant blow, personalised on Tony Abbott, against the long standing often subliminal put down of women, especially by the likes of the Les Pattersons to whom Alan Jones makes his pitch. As a communicator, Ms Gillard has always been a lot better in combat than in boring lecture mode.

What she barely touched on was the sustained attack on the reproductive rights of women, the right to make their own decisions. Mr Abbott has long been in the thick of this largely religion-based attack. His hold on the leadership is not guaranteed, and if Ms Gillard has damaged this and should the Liberals get smart and revert to the credible and respectable leadership of Malcolm Turnbull she could have contributed to the electoral victory of the Coalition.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 22 October 2012 12:10:11 PM
Raycom
Attacking or hating a couple of men is not misandry.
Posted by McReal, Monday, 22 October 2012 12:29:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy