The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Setting the record straight on Australia's UN bid > Comments

Setting the record straight on Australia's UN bid : Comments

By Thom Woodroofe, published 19/10/2012

Australia's successful campaign for the UN Security Council has seen a lot of wild ideas thrown around.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Yep, another disaster.

Bad enough that these fools have done so much to Oz detriment. Now they will have some input, no matter how small, in helping the UN stuff the whole world.

All this as an application from Rudd & Gillard for UN bureaucracy jobs, after we chuck them out. Their egos know no bounds.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 19 October 2012 4:18:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Can you imagine Australia voting against the wishes of the international Zionist lobby? I can't.
This is a good win for the US/Israel power group, but I question if it has much relevance outside that.
Locally? With Marines in Darwin and drones known to have been flying out of Edinburgh, SA (still?) and, maybe soon if not already, out of the Cocos Islands?
We will vote as we are told to vote.
By rights the US should pay the 25 million it cost us to get the seat.
Posted by halduell, Friday, 19 October 2012 4:29:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We are now all evolving into a more astute nation.So many now question our unbending support to the war mongerers in the USA and Europe.We got there [UN Security Council] because we sucked up big time and promised to back the USA in more wars aggression.

Israel has 200 + nukes and Iran is being attacked via sanctions and threats for peaceful energy generation?

The West's "New World Order" will not happen.Russian,China and NAM have their own thoughts on how the world will be organised.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 19 October 2012 5:50:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh deary me. We actually beat Finland and Luxemburg! It cost millions
and millions and now our bureaucrats can preen their feathers and
live it up at taxpayer expense and think that they really matter.

What about those people who actually worked hard to pay the taxes
to afford all this? Piggies with their snouts deep in the troughs,
is what I think it is.

Meantime those same people, when it comes to doing something about
negotiating better trade agreements for Australia, have shown to be
pretty hopeless.

This is all pork for the ruling class, which is the administrators.
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 19 October 2012 6:49:28 PM
The results:
Australia 140
Rwanda 148

The costs:
Australia $23.6 Billion
Rwanda a fraction of the above.

The only question:
How do we go about hiring Team Rwanda?
Posted by SPQR, Saturday, 20 October 2012 6:31:15 AM
Luckily SPQR, Australia costs were also a fraction of the above, 1/1000th in fact. Not that that would dampen your outrage at all, as I suspect any cost above $10 would annoy you.

I am beginning to see can see how peoples outrage is often informed by their dyslexia.
Posted by Bugsy, Saturday, 20 October 2012 7:52:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy