The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The real misogyny > Comments

The real misogyny : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 16/10/2012

Charges of sexism and misogyny against Tony Abbott do not stand scrutiny.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
"After seeing some of the intense looks Abbott has directed at various women in and out of Parliament..."

What like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wT9XS_TvzQ&feature=related

I suppose if Abbott had done that to a woman reporter, he would be a misogynist.

And what of Julie Bishop's death stare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBgqHJSyovk

Maybe she is a misogynist.

Misogynist: Someone who stares in an unsettling way.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 5:49:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok, I'm happy with that definition :)
I just don't like how he interacts with women in front of the media.
I have no idea how he handles women privately.

I am not a labour supporter at all, but Abbott has totally put me off the Liberal Party.
I really don't care whether they call him a misogynist or not, I just know how how badly he comes across on Radio and TV, to any woman I ever talked to.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 6:12:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter I am not sure if your comment was directed at myself or Babette, but nevertheless my point was I think it a mistake to attack a position or argument using the same tactics of which you criticise in your opponent.

Misogyny is a strong accusation, but now that the Macquarie Dictionary has re-defined it to suit 'the times' it can be used with abandon. LOL. What is the new word for woman-hater I wonder. Hatred against women and sexism are quite different. What is wrong with the term 'sexist' or 'chauvinist' or even antiquated, old-fashioned, out-dated etc. There are numerous adjectives in the English language.

Have we moved into a parallel universe.
Posted by pelican, Saturday, 20 October 2012 9:30:38 PM
This whole exercise will have the effect of putting offside most men.

The whole episode from parliament onwards has been an attack on men.
Ladies, beware of what you have done !
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 28 October 2012 10:28:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy