The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Not marching for baby fish > Comments

Not marching for baby fish : Comments

By Dan Flynn, published 15/10/2012

Tragically unborn babies in Victoria are not afforded the same protection as our undersized fish.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Where's runner?

Runnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 15 October 2012 11:47:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's the easy way out Dave.

:-)

What gets me is when feminists bang on about 'reproductive rights'. For a start it's quite an exercise in Orwellian doublespeak to call aborting a fetus your 'reproductive right'. Why don't they call it their termination rights?

Secondly how is it an equality or feminist issue when women hold ALL the cards when it comes to unwanted pregnancies. If any party should be looking for equality in reproductive rights it's men.

It's a funny world.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 15 October 2012 11:57:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'The fact that there are doctors and nurses who will abort a baby and watch as it struggles unsuccessfully to live'

I agree. They shouldn't watch.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 15 October 2012 12:04:18 PM
I think the Article says it all.
I watched a news bulletin on the march the other night. Some people were carrying a banner which said,
" It's easy being pro-choice if you are not the one being killed"
I could add, or being left to die!
Posted by Jorchez, Monday, 15 October 2012 12:09:49 PM
Wow! That is so sad to read that there is more legal protection for Australian fish than Australian babies in the womb. I am a student midwife. Midwives & doctors know very well that the babies being aborted are living human beings & that there is nothing magical about birth that changes a fetus from a 'non-human piece of tissue' to 'beautiful & precious little baby.' Any doctor or midwife who tries to claim that an unborn baby is not a human (and therefore worthy of basic human rights) should probably re-sit their Biology exam.
Posted by SarahJane, Monday, 15 October 2012 1:31:59 PM
>>If any party should be looking for equality in reproductive rights it's men.<<

I agree but we have to be careful about which men we mean. If it's men who would become fathers without a termination I agree they should have same 'reproductive rights' as the mother to be. If it's men like Cardinal Pell - who shouldn't be fathering children in the first place - I don't see why their love for the Bible and Jesus should give them some special licence to pry into the personal business of pregnant couples. That would be like giving 14 year old twi-hards who've read Twilight like a hundred times and think Edward is dreamy 'equality in reproductive rights' with those couples: unwise and inexplicable.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Monday, 15 October 2012 1:32:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy