The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is it all over for Mitt Romney? > Comments

Is it all over for Mitt Romney? : Comments

By Nick Sharman, published 25/9/2012

When it comes to personal narrative Mitt mispeaks all the time.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I wish people would get off Romney's back. He's doing the best he can. Like his father, he's tried to translate his vast wealth into public service, his father as head of American Motors and as Governor of Michigan, Mitt as Governor of Massachusetts, where his health care program was as good as Obama's is.

And why go on about his tax records ? He's released two years of records, showing that he made $ 13 million last year, or $ 250,000 a week from his investments - that's hardly Bill Gates or Zuckerberg, or even Gina Rinehart stuff - and why should he release any more - just to give Obama ammunition for his relentless campaign to show Mitt as 'out of touch' ?

And isn't it true that whole swathes of the population are never going to vote for Mitt anyway, so why should he bother with them ? Women, Hispanics, Blacks, the working class - what have they ever done for Mitt ? So why should he do anything for them ? Will he get their votes ? It's a two-way street.

I'm sick and tired of these slurs about his wealth, about his having an elevator to bring his cars up from an underground garage, and his wife having a couple of Cadillacs, as well as other vehicles. Hasn't anyone else had that experience when you put your car in for a service, but you would like another car just like it, to run around in while you wait ? Give them a break !

People forget that in the fifties, life was pretty good for a lot of other people. Why can't we return to those strong values ? Elect Mitt Romney, and then we'll all know what he really stands for.
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 26 September 2012 10:07:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Romney has at least two major problems - both are touched on in the article.
1. The people who know him report he is warm and caring - and yet the general populace consider him cold and unfeeling. How do you explain this disconnect? He clearly does not relate well to the media.
2. He is clearly a distinguished economic manager - but too many people have been burned by managers like this recently.
The elections of GW Bush show that likeability ultimately is more valuable than capability. I like Obama but I think his election last time (and likely this time) will merely reinforce the fact that politically it is better to be likeable than capable.
Posted by J S Mill, Friday, 28 September 2012 2:29:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy