The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Queensland government funding cuts undermine access to justice > Comments

Queensland government funding cuts undermine access to justice : Comments

By Stephen Keim, Salwa Marsh and Kate Moran, published 12/9/2012

The funding cuts and the consequent decrease in services provided by the EDO Qld, the EDO NQ, Sister's Inside and QWWS, will prevent many of the most vulnerable members of our community from accessing justice.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
...Law and justice always demonstrates the very blunt end of Bureaucracy, as it meets the very sharp end of private enterprise! Its why lawyers always win, even when they lose!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 11:41:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You know I think it's wonderful.

Great that independent community organisation will in future be independently community funded.

This is a wonderful way to find out if the community actually want these organisations, & how dedicated the members really are.

I for one am heartily sick of "community" organisations run by activists, who only do it while they can spend public money to do so.

Fellers, go raise your own cash, from those who want your service to continue. When you do that, we will finally know how many of the public really want to see their money spent that way.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 12:56:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen:

...Whenever you introduce the word "wonderful" I smell a rat!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 4:43:58 PM
government funding cuts undermine access to justice.
Stephen Keim,
Well it's worth a try in my book because from what we have seen in the past 20 years with oodles of funding justice was elusive to no end.
Perhaps with a cut in funding we might actually get proper justice.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 12 September 2012 10:59:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy