The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bullying American business over gay marriage views > Comments

Bullying American business over gay marriage views : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 13/8/2012

Same-sex marriage campaigns challenge Christian philanthropy and activism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The homosexual lobby don't believe in democracy. In California a referendum to legislate 'gay ' marriage was defeated (mainly due to the black vote). Of course not accepting of this the courts over ruled the wishes of the majority. The lobby is far more Chritophobic than most Christians are what they label (homophobic). Notice how silent the lobby is in Islamic nations.
Posted by runner, Monday, 13 August 2012 3:02:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would argue that many of the self-righteous Christians that are involved in the support of this fast-food chain would have in times past been completely outraged by uppity brown-skinned Americans such as Rosa Parks, Medgar Evers, and Martin Luther King.

Conversely they would have supported the white supremacy politics advocated by the john birch society, and the klu kluk klan with its deadly applied politics of lynching uppity brown-skinned Americans - and fire-bombing their churches, if they "got out of hand".

Anyone for strange fruit?

They would also be susceptible to murdering Sikhs in their place of worship. Not being intelligent enough to know that Sikhs are NOT Moslems, and generally the most peaceable people on the planet.

They would also be the kind of USA white christian supremacists who went out and bought guns of all kinds when Barack Obama was elected as President. And who joined the various white militias that emerged out of the rotten wood-work of the paranoid USA psyche when Obama was elected too.

In the context of Australian politics they would probably be quite sympathetic with the two wongs dont make a white policies of the league of rights.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Monday, 13 August 2012 3:46:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My oh my the editors of this site are quite puritannically political correct. In my post I tried to use the word made up of these two segment nig and ger. I was thus censored for "profanity"
Posted by Daffy Duck, Monday, 13 August 2012 3:49:24 PM
One form of bullying in discussion is to deny your opponent's position and twist it around dishonestly so that it means something else – a tactic of propaganda. Babette has done this with marriage equality - she pretends it means ‘reproductive equality’ as if we gay men were trying to argue we have a womb, lesbians are going to start spermatogenesis and all heterosexual marriages are reproductively equal. Why does this patently silly argument keep going around? Too silly to be anything but religious propaganda, prejudice, bullying and insisting your freedoms overshadow ours no matter how ridiculous the argument.

We GLBTI want marriage equality at law and recognition of our significant relationships in the social fabric of our society – just like everyone else.

“Labeling [sic] anyone who supports traditional marriage a "homophobe" or "bigot" is bullying.”
Not Babette, it is supporters of traditional marriage who insist that their beliefs should annul our moral and religious beliefs and our right to marry who are homophobes and bigots. It is Christians who are greedy with their religious freedom and who steal our religious freedom who are bullies.

“In 2007 a federal judge ruled that because of gay marriage in Massachusetts, schools have an obligation to present homosexuality as normal..”
In Australia homosexuality is on the compulsory government curriculum because of State anti-discrimination legislation on sex, gender and sexuality. Anti-bullying must start at school because much of it occurs there and it is based on difference, and prejudice against those differences that kids have picked up from adults. And for GLBTI it leads to excessive rates of self-harm and suicide. Yet Babette would try to persuade us that this bully prevention is bullying instead.

Religious propaganda to bully people to maintain traditions made in ignorance, fear and bullying. Be nice and stop stealing our religious freedom.
Posted by Eric G, Monday, 13 August 2012 5:28:09 PM
In reply to a serious article by Babette Francis and despite my call for freedom of conscience and speech (see my post above) we see more abuse from the homosexual lobby through Daffy Duck!

D.Duck denounces people who support a fast-food chain for their stance on traditional marriage as "self-righteous Christians", racist, murderous enough to kill Sikhs, ignorant of religious differences, "white christian supremacists", gun-hoarding militia-lovers, and sympathisers with the League of Rights. No reasonable argument is given to support these insanely wild allegations, it's just a load of puff.

Doesn't that prove the point of the original article by BF that anyone who supports traditional marriage is liable to be bullied by the homosexual lobby?

Doesn't it prove my point that there is a totalitarian bent in the underbelly of the the homosexual lobby?
Posted by mykah, Monday, 13 August 2012 5:40:33 PM
What selective hypocrisy: Demanding that the term 'marriage' be all embracing, while the term LGBTIQ must be disaggregated.

What selective hypocrisy: Unrestrained abuse, all under the guise of tolerance and equality.
Posted by elizabeth4, Monday, 13 August 2012 5:59:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy