The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > War and the Olympics > Comments

War and the Olympics : Comments

By John Pilger, published 30/7/2012

Glimpses of another Britain in two letters

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Also note that the Gulf of Tonkin incident which the USA used as an excuse to attack North Vietnam,did not happen.Vietnam was about making money from war.Communism was no threat to us.

We warned the USA that the Japanese were about to attack Pearl Harbour but were ignored.The USA restricted trade and oil supplies to Japan so this forced them into war.The West did not want a strong independant Japan.

Vladmir Putin and many other countries warned the USA that there was an attack planned on 911.http://patriotsquestion911.com/ It had to be the worst kept secret in history.Hundreds of put options were done on United Airways just before the event.

I have a bad feeling about these London Olympics.My advice is to stay away from the closing ceremony.

Another excellent article John Pilger.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 30 July 2012 8:48:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks John for reminding us as you often do of these evil connections.
Dow Chemicals (agent orange), Coke (purveyor of sugar drinks that cause diabetes and obesity) and the British arms industry (which supplies the missiles on the roof and army gear.

The Olympic have long been a stage for corporate advertising; I largely ignore them as do many others.

Re agent orange, it strikes a raw nerve with me because my father worked as a weed control officer for the WA Government in the 60's and 70's. He used to say with confidence, when he came home stinking of chemicals, that the pesticides he used - - '2-4 D' and '3-3-5 T'- i.e. agent orange were plant hormones and therefore could not affect humans. There was no mention (let alone warnings) of the toxic dioxins associated with them. He was not informed of any hazard and the labeling omitted any mention of it. Thank God my young sister was not born deformed.
Posted by Roses1, Monday, 30 July 2012 10:07:21 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If warmongers had to pay for the physical, environmental and human damage they cause, then wars would stop immediately.

We put people who murder others in jail or give them the electric chair. How come murders in uniforms can do whatever they like with no consequences?

It is time we made nations responsible for their actions in the same way as individuals are. There should be no free-ride for so-called 'Peace-makers' like the U.S.. You do the crime, you serve the time AND PAY COMPENSATION.

Let's get rid of war and those who create it once and for all!
Posted by David G, Monday, 30 July 2012 10:54:41 AM
Spot on John P!
Posted by michael_in_adelaide, Monday, 30 July 2012 11:22:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
P.S. It's always interesing to check out how things are going at the "Arrest Blair" website:

http://www.arrestblair.org/war-crimes-reports
Posted by michael_in_adelaide, Monday, 30 July 2012 11:26:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More vintage Pilger! I do love a good rant. We're looking forward to his global reinventions at this year's Ubud Writers and Readers Festival in Bali - that's in Indonesia, another place he doesn't like - in October :)
Posted by Scribe, Monday, 30 July 2012 11:33:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy