The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Myanmar Muslims suffering amid media blackout > Comments

Myanmar Muslims suffering amid media blackout : Comments

By Kourosh Ziabari, published 23/7/2012

The plight of the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar is relatively unknown in the west.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
My sympathy goes to those who propose, or do, no harm to others; and took to the streets of Mandalay in their thousands, as unarmed and peaceful protesters.
Buddhist monks, who were mindlessly mowed down and massacred in their thousands.
That said, I am not unmoved by the suffering of all other innocents, be they traditional peaceful moderate Muslims, who like the Sofie, the oldest and lest modified version of Islam, whose meditation practises and messages of universal peace, are at least as inspirational, as equally peaceful Traditional Buddhism or Hindus like Gandhi, who freed an entire and extremely populous nation, just through peaceful resistance.
Violence only ever begets more violence and along with those, who agitate for or practise it, is never ever the answer!
Nor is revenge, reprisals or imposing an entirely unprovable and extensively revised belief system, on others, by compulsion, emotional blackmail, violence or mindless force!
Religious difference is to be respected and allowed, rather than repressed or used as an excuse for mindless violence.
The oppressed or violated deserve our assistance and empathy, because they are violated or oppressed; and, not because they are a part of a religious minority, be they displaced or disliked, Christian, Jew or Muslim.
That's my clear and unequivocal position, and the true message of Traditional un-revised Islam, rather than the patent hate-filled propaganda, which tries and fails, to put words in my mouth or mischievously, mendaciously, tries to reinterpret or revise their meaning, for patent political or propaganda purposes?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 30 July 2012 1:14:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy