The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > History with a soft focus > Comments

History with a soft focus : Comments

By Graham Young, published 20/7/2012

George Megalogenis has reviewed the last 30 years of Australian history through an idiosyncratic lens.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Lexi,
yes, I watched that too. It was beyond belief. I wonder how the judiciary would have reacted if a parent or Doctor would have acted in one of those poor children's best interest in the most humane way & euthanised it at birth. My guess is that the judiciary would have come down so heavy on them in favour of the child without a thought of the miserable existence that lay ahead of the child.
Which side of humane would you be on ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 23 July 2012 6:48:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey guys, you are way off-topic, but for what it's worth a friend of mine was a thalidomide baby and I'm sure he would have been prospectively very distressed if his parents had euthanised him because of his handicap. So far he's made a bigger contribution to the world than many even if he has arms that are more like flippers than anything else.

But I'm not sure what this has to do with George's book.
Posted by GrahamY, Monday, 23 July 2012 7:41:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy