The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Leadership that will define the world > Comments

Leadership that will define the world : Comments

By Julie Bishop, published 12/7/2012

The challenge for the leaders that emerge in the world's two biggest economies is to recapture the magic of economic growth of past years, while avoiding some of the pitfalls.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
If we account for the debt the West is consumed by and the fact we have little manufacturing,I think China with a little more scientific innovation will be number one very soon.

This is what irks the Western Oligarchs.China was supposed to roll over and open up its banking system fully to their cartels.China opened up partially but still 80% of their money comes from Govt Banks.This is primarily why China has so little debt and can have enormous growth.

I think China won the scam.The deal was that the West lower tarrifs and give all manufacturing to China.China partially let the Western Banksters in but in 2008 the doors shut and the Western Oligarchs started demonising China and Russia.

This is all about bringing in the Western Oligarch's New World Order in by a few extremely wealthy people who will rule the planet under a totalitariarn World Govt,in which they decide who lives and who dies.

Our scientists back in the 1980's had the West convinced that CO2 and over population would destroy the planet.This was the green light for the Oligarchs to bring in their New World Order.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 13 July 2012 6:08:53 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay, the Oligarchs number about 1 in a million. We, the people, if we put our minds to it, could rid the world of them in a few days if we put our minds to it, then spread their wealth among all the world's people!

Sure, they have lots of armies at their disposal but most of the folk fighting their endless wars are relatives of ours who might, just might, fight for us.

There is too much pessimism in our world today, most of it fueled by the propaganda machines run by the Oligarchs.

I don't swallow their line. We, the people, can have any kind of world we want. All we need to do is to take control, eradicate the parasites and predators, and start again ensuring that equality is for everyone!
Posted by David G, Friday, 13 July 2012 7:25:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
stevenlmeyer:
you may not think that the US economy is in irreversible decline but I am sorry to say you are wrong.
I for one am not an American hater but I do dislike the way that they have allowed their country to be hijacked by the 1%.
They have now reached the stage where it only needs a nudge to tip them into an New Orleans type of Armageddon.
With a true unemployment of about 27%, a debt of $trillions, a rapidly disappearing manufacturing industry, a gathering environmental storm, deep involvement in a never ending series of unwinnable wars and to top it off, peak oil.
They cannot run their economy without a large supply of cheap oil and the current hype about shale oil is just smoke and mirrors.
I am sure that there are a lot of good people there but it seems that the scum always rises to the top and takes control.
I am also sorry to say that we here in Australia are slavishly following them down the same path.
In our case we do not have to. We have sufficient natural advantages at the moment to have a good life here. But by straining to increase our population , selling off valuable resources that in some cases cannot ever be replaced, selling off what is a finite amount of good farm land to overseas interests, we are placing our necks in a noose.
Posted by sarnian, Friday, 13 July 2012 10:30:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steven,

Maybe a little wishful thinking on your behalf regarding the U.S. (all good things....)

You might be interested in this article by Wolfgang Streeck titled "The Crises of Democratic Capitalism".

http://newleftreview.org/II/71/wolfgang-streeck-the-crises-of-democratic-capitalism
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 13 July 2012 10:49:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to agree with many of the comments above.

Do not be fooled, China is in the process of accumulating massive amounts of gold, in 2009 they reported reserves somewhere in the vicinity of 550 tonnes, they have not reported since.

Given internal gold production and their on-going and recent gold buying I would suspect that they will release 'gold holding' information in 2013 or 2014, people need to realise that they intend to subsume the US dollar, revert their currency backed by gold (which by then will probably amount to some 4,500 to 5,500 tonnes) and turn the US dollar into worthless paper.

The direct affect will send the price of gold to around 4 to 5,000 dollars and negate their existing US treasury holdings and ensure their currency becomes the new reserve.

This has been intentional for sometime, the US is completely defunct and our economy has been driven and continues to be driven by debt fuelled resource extraction.

We are unknowingly and unwillingly being pulled by a multiple of strings that will lead Australia to no-where's-ville.

Our banking and housing sector is soon to see the biggest shock that one can imagine, be prepared, get out of debt, keep your job, avoid government intervention where possible and realise we are about to live a completely different life to the one we currently enjoy!
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Friday, 13 July 2012 10:56:00 PM
Hey Spindoc:

"Thanks Geoff, you're a star.

Two comments. What it is we seek to avoid, we create. And the March of Folly, the pursuit of that which is contrary to self interest.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

P.S. When you have reached rock bottom, STOP DIGGING! He, hee!"

I have yet to hit rock bottom, my organic garden, free energy system and my lifestyle may raise your heckles, but not to worry, you have your current 'industrial, government supported, market calibrated' lifestyle that you think will ensure you a secure retirement, good luck pal, you are going to need it, and then some.

For those of us who are prepared and open to all the options, it is pretty obvious that the 'growth model' is defunct and moving forward we will meet our limits, whatever that may be.

Perhaps you should alert your children and their children to the very different future you have enjoyed to date, reality is sometimes hard to accept, no doubt you will wallow in your pride as your per-capita 'wealth' evaoporates in the years to come, good luck, you are going to need it.
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Friday, 13 July 2012 11:05:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy