The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The burden of proof > Comments

The burden of proof : Comments

By Martin Bouckaert, published 1/6/2012

Can you prove vaccines are safe?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
As I stated, Yuyutsu, in the context of this piece, spirituality and religion are entirely irrelevant. In my opinion, spirituality and religion are irrelevant in regards to anything in the real world - all they do is perpetuate more ignorance regarding the real world. In any case, this is not the topic of this piece, and religion or spirituality aren't the point here. You're creating a tangent that is off topic. I won't argue with you about it, but I'm sure someone else will be happy to demonstrate how ridiculous your points are.

If you can stay on topic, however, then I'm happy to have further discussion, but until you can demonstrate how religion or spirituality can provide any proof of anything at all, it is irrelevant.
Posted by Martin Bouckaert, Friday, 1 June 2012 5:09:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cohenite,

Your "comparison" is sophistry.

Science delivers us immunisation, just as science delivers us consensus on AGW.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 1 June 2012 5:15:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
has anyone any evidence that the flu shot works? I have not had the flu for 18 years and have never had a flu shot and yet everyone I know who gets the shot seems to end up with it. Somehow I think the only winners seem to be the pharmaceutical companies. I have no barrow to push on this one but as somebody who avoids medicines as much as possible it leaves more questions than answers.
Posted by runner, Friday, 1 June 2012 5:18:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Geoff of Perth - your original post about how contamination of vaccines lead to AIDS - at least that's what I think you're talking about - has nothing to do with the safety of vaccines as such. If its true its involves laboratory carelessness.

Yuyutsu - okay so you have spiritual objections to vacination, but that's also not to the point is it? You should note that you have spiritual objections, which is your business, and move on. Hopefully there are not many of you..
Posted by Curmudgeon, Friday, 1 June 2012 5:19:23 PM
Dear Martin,

In the context of this piece, spirituality and religion are entirely relevant because there are such people who try to conceal their religious convictions as "scientific" - they then fail in their attempts to prove those and become subject to ridicule, just as you described yourself and thus create a bad reputation for both religion and the anti-vaccination movement.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 1 June 2012 5:24:56 PM
Froop-loop, a concentrated form of fruit-loop, prone to disingenuous disclaimers that they did not really mean what they wrote when caught with their foot in their mouth.

And I have a life, thank you, which I want to preserve against the ratbags who infest such 'causes' as the anti-immunisation and pro-AGW scams and other deviant concepts such as the "the spiritual danger of vaccination." I mean that is just nuts.
Posted by cohenite, Friday, 1 June 2012 6:02:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All