The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The irony of the ACTU's defence of the ALP > Comments

The irony of the ACTU's defence of the ALP : Comments

By Jo Coghlan and Scott Denton, published 18/5/2012

Bob Hawke's rendition of 'Solidarity Forever' to the ACTU conference is rife with irony.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Marilyn, you are making me very nervous. I’m not at all sure you are what you present.

Your image of a pre-pubescent, radical labor, evangelistic sixth former has gone too far. I’m beginning to think you are no such thing.

Rather I’m inclined to think you are a Liberal Troll, a type 7 Troll, the “agent provocateur”.

You present an image of such stereo-typical proportions that your intent must be to denigrate genuine Labor supporters. This is very sad. I don’t agree with everything ALP supporters say however, I do support their passionate support for their ideology and their right to express it. You on the other hand seem determined to present a view so jaundiced, that it mocks genuine ALP supporters.

I also have reservations in respect of the intellect you present, I think it is fabricated. I’m being drawn to the conclusion that you are not a Marilyn at all. I’m drawn to the view that you are more likely to be a young male, probably attending a private college, your real name is most likely to be Nigel Frodsham-Smyth and you and your 4th form friends have “mocked” up the Marilyn to take the piss out of the ALP.

You seem to have recently ramped up the rhetoric because you weren’t getting the traction; you’ve over cooked it, particularly in relation to the “dumber than dumb” stakes.

Nigel/Marilyn, whatever your real identity is, there is no possibility that anyone could possibly be as ignorant as the persona you present. It just won’t wash.

There are many genuine and passionate supporters of both sides of politics on this blog, we don’t need immature, albeit well educated miscreants, masquerading as stereo-typical ideologists intent on creating offence and reaction.

Get back to your political studies and top taking the piss.Troll off.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 21 May 2012 1:58:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The links between the unions and the ALP raise a lot of issues.

Where do loyalties lie when there is a conflict between the needs of workers and ALP political needs/wants.

Whilst conflict of interest issues seem to be widely understood (even if not dealt with appropriately) when it comes to financial matters there seems to be little acknowledgement of the issues when it's someone who should be representing a group of workers and there is the possibility of a conflict between the workers needs and ALP policy.

If the ALP was entirely a union party that conflict might not exist but the ALP is not that and the conflict does exist.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 21 May 2012 4:10:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy