The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The people smugglers > Comments

The people smugglers : Comments

By Marilyn Shepherd, published 15/5/2012

The Australian government is so determined to make a point that it jails under-aged Indonesian deck hands as 'people smugglers'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
What a stupid country.
marylin,
I came here over 40 years ago by choice. I was lucky that I had a choice & I never forget to appreciate that I was given a choice.
I very much feel for genuine refugees taking the risk of breaking up their families & risking their own life.
I also feel very strong about Australia being hijacked for reasons other than a refuge. As I said earlier rather than letting the world get overrun by refugees or those pretending to be we have to stop the production of refugees. That in turn also poses a problem because do-gooders object to send forces into places like Iraq & Afghanistan. I rather stop stupidity/evil before it gets mobile.
We have to be cruel to be kind. Unfortunately for good to win evil must lose. Too many do-gooders afford evil the benefit of doubt but none to their own.
Posted by individual, Friday, 18 May 2012 7:18:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marylin,
when do you think enough is enough ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 18 May 2012 7:22:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sheesh Marylin. I must remember to use underage crew for my next
shipment of asylum seekers to Australia. No doubt you will send
them back immediately, so that they are ready for the following
trip. That means money for jam for me and for them. Yippee!
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 18 May 2012 7:30:13 PM
It is indeed sad that the genuine refugees are being punished by being pushed to the back of the queue, whilst the cashed up economic refugees can afford $15 000 a piece (more than most earn in a lifetime).

That 30% are found not to be genuine refugees by the tribunal, but 99% do after years of appeals is more an indication of our limp wristed legal system than that most of the boat people are economic migrants.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 18 May 2012 8:12:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy