The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Vaccination: objections to your conscientious objection > Comments

Vaccination: objections to your conscientious objection : Comments

By Martin Bouckaert, published 9/5/2012

What happens when the doctor refuses to sign the conscientious objector’s form?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
T Lavis
" I wouldn't worry too much about any of these compounds: aluminium sulfate and phosphate are both used in baking powder. Aluminium hydroxide is used in antacid tablets - probably in a much greater dose than what you'd find in a vaccine."

Love your breathtaking confidence, but it may be misplaced. 2 month old babies are not regularly exposed to antacid tablets, or even baking powder. Aluminium and mercury are orders of magnitude more toxic (in mg per kg bodyweight) for infants than for children, adolescents or adults. Infants have a very undeveloped blood-brain barrier. Minute amounts of these toxic metals are harmful for infants under 12 months, and at that age they can have received many vaccines.

And by the way, thimerosal (mercury) should have been banned for all child vaccines, but it still finds its way into some of them. Do not take it on blind faith, check every one rigorously. That was the subject of my first post in this debate - doctors mostly seem unable to tell you what is in the vaccines they dispense. It should be incumbent upon them to know everything about their drugs so that they can participate in the 'informed consent' process with patients.
Posted by DrKnowalittle, Friday, 11 May 2012 4:37:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I reckon that blank stare you get is them thinking "oh crap it's one of them again. How do I handle this?"...
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 11 May 2012 4:55:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While we're at it, these listed below appear to be stated as facts. Got some data to back these up Drknowalittle?

" Aluminium and mercury are orders of magnitude more toxic (in mg per kg bodyweight) for infants than for children, adolescents or adults."

And...

"Infants have a very undeveloped blood-brain barrier. Minute amounts of these toxic metals are harmful for infants under 12 months..".

Data please. There must be plenty of data on the toxicity of vaccine adjuvants and heavy metals for these statements to said so strongly.
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 11 May 2012 7:39:11 PM
Interestingly, I find "Yuyutsu's" posts to be the first I have ever read that leads me to support his position on anti-vaccination.

I believe the Science and have been vaccinated (recently Hep A&B) but have told my partner if I ever need blood from a transfusion, to make sure it is refused and I am left to die. I have never given blood and it would be the the ultimate hypocrisy to take any, she gives regularly. She is mortified and confused by that decision and is not even sure if she can follow it if push comes to shove, so I have every empathy for the position Yuyutsu takes.

I do see a difference however, it never places any fellow human beings at risk, in fact quite the opposite they may be able to harvest my organs and help someone.
Posted by Valley Guy, Saturday, 12 May 2012 6:54:23 PM
I would just like to jump in here a moment, in regards to vaccine chemicals.

There are several methods of injection or infusion, including intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravenous, intraosseous, and intraperitoneal. Vaccines are delivered intramuscular, not intravenous. Any concerns about mercury in the bloodstream, therefore, are unfounded.

Aluminium is present in breastmilk, so I wonder if your concerns in regards to aluminium extend to starving newborns. As for thiomersal.

Thiomersal is an organomercury compound, much like salt is a sodium compound. Like salt, thiomersal takes on different properties to its molecular ingredients. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if when we consumed salt, we exploded? Sodium, after all, reacts violently with water, which makes up most of our bodies. In fact, if you touch pure sodium, it burns like hell. I know, I've done it, in science class at school... I was dared, and young. But that's beside the point.

Animal experiments suggest that thiomersal rapidly dissociates to release ethylmercury after injection; that the disposition patterns of mercury are similar to those after exposure to equivalent doses of ethylmercury chloride; and that the central nervous system and the kidneys are targets, with lack of motor coordination being a common sign. Similar signs and symptoms have been observed in accidental human poisonings. The mechanisms of toxic action are unknown. Fecal excretion accounts for most of the elimination from the body. Ethylmercury clears from blood with a half-life of about 18 days in adults. Ethylmercury is eliminated from the brain in about 14 days in infant monkeys. Risk assessment for effects on the nervous system have been made by extrapolating from dose-response relationships for methylmercury.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16973445

What this says is that yes, thiomersal is toxic. Unfortunately, so is everything else. Including water. Too much water can cause hyponatremia. Just like water, however, there are safe levels of thiomersal that the human body dispenses with quite easily.
Posted by Martin Bouckaert, Saturday, 12 May 2012 7:50:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As for how an infant's body handles these chemicals compared to an adult, don't let their size fool you. Here is a link to a page that helps explain it in layman's terms.

http://www.answers.com/topic/immune-system-development

I would recommend, however, if this isn't enough for you, that you stop breastfeeding. Because there is a lot of stuff in breastmilk that you might not like going in to your baby's body without knowing what it might do, including trace amounts of formaldehyde that the human body produces as a byproduct of various biological processes.
Posted by Martin Bouckaert, Saturday, 12 May 2012 7:50:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy