The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Carr that skittled Kevin > Comments

The Carr that skittled Kevin : Comments

By Richard Laidlaw, published 6/3/2012

Gillard has finally (albeit messily as usual) stamped her authority as leader on something of moment.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
...Never mind, the looming war with Iran should distract the attention from Political ineptitude's well off into the distant future!

...Australians will continue to receive what they DON"T deserve from the disconnected political elitists; and one rare but sure issue they will all agree to, is another WAR!
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 10:43:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australians deserve everything from the miners. The resources belong to all of us not just a few people.
You can not be politically involved with AU's richest people what sort of consensus is that.
The coalition are losing their way big time.
I don't think it will go down to well with the party.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 10:59:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I was reading the Article, I was wondering exactly what was his point.

He didn't like the Libs, slagged of the Nationals, hasn't been impressed with Julia to date, Carr just "appears" and he detests Rudd.

But... wait for it.. he hates Abbott.

If he had put the correct title on the Article, I could have skipped it.
Posted by Aspley, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 12:27:13 PM
Thanks, Aspley. I'd recommend you read the piece again. Six points: I do like the Libs (I vote for them). I think the Nationals have a great place in Australian politics. Gillard is impressive in many ways. Carr DID just appear. I don't hate Rudd (I've known him for years and whatever his caucus colleagues might say, he's a nice guy). And I don't hate Tony Abbott either.

But it's abundantly clear that Carr's presence is a game-changer, because all the interconnections in federal Labor will now have to be reset, because (I contend) Carr's appointment as FM neuters Rudd forever, and because if there is no further destabilising and an election is not held until the end of next year, Labor has an opportunity to make a real match of it.
Posted by Scribe, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 1:31:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spindoc,I have to agree.If Labor get up after that litany of debacles you've listed then there is no hope for the country.We get stupid pollies because stupid people keep electing them.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 2:36:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We get stupid pollies because stupid people keep electing them.
Arjay,
In a nutshell !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 6 March 2012 3:41:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy