The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Can we trust ASIO? > Comments

Can we trust ASIO? : Comments

By Sasha Uzunov, published 9/2/2012

In the war on terror what guarantees do we have that ASIO will adhere to the principles of justice.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Dear LEGO,

Aren't you forgetting something?

LEGO your argument about Josip Broz Tito falls down by not mentioning his cynical use of the Macedonian question.

During World War II, the vast majority of Macedonians, those who found themselves within the Yugoslav borders, joined the Partizan anti-Nazi resistance, known as NOVM. One of its leaders was Metodija Andondov Cento, a non communist later imprisoned falsely on trumped up charges by Tito. Cento was rehabilitated in 1990.

During the Greek Civil War, Tito played a nasty game of one minute supporting ethnic Macedonians in their battle for human rights, then the next minute turning his back. The result was thousands were killed by the Greek Monarchist forces, and many thousands fled abroad, including Australia, never to return.

Tito also played this ethnic card with the Slovenians by one minute calling for the city of Trieste's return to Yugoslavia from Italy and then dropping his claims when he squeezed out as many concessions from the West..

UDBa's targeting of Macedonians abroad, many who actively supported the anti-Nazi resistance, is what partly led to growing opposition to the Yugoslav regime.

The irony is that SFRJ (Yugoslavia) was only built to survive whilst Tito was alive...He was the architect of its downfall by playing the various ethnic cards and creating "enemies" abroad who had to be silenced so that he could stay in power.

cheers
Sasha Uzunov
Posted by Team Uzunov, Friday, 10 February 2012 8:36:51 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Sasha.

Yugoslavia was a multicultural country which reached critical mass and exploded. The result was the creation of numerous monocultural “countries.”, which tends to underline the rather obvious fact that multiculturalism does not work. Tito’s primary objective was to keep his multicultural country from coming apart, and he was totally ruthless in doing that. He even had one of his closest friend’s shot, a man who was a local partisan leader against the Germans, when that man tried to stir up ethnic nationalist sentiments.

If Tito helped the Greeks to stop their own ethnic nationalists from tearing Greece apart, why should that bother me?

Australia is now being Balkanized. How long before the various ethnic groups in Australia, who appear to be absolutely obsessed with their religious or ethnic uniqueness, start agitating for their own states in Australia? Could I point out that the aborigines appear to be close to that already? They even have their own racist flag, and there are areas within Australia where nobody but their own race may enter without permission.

And when Australia, like Greece and Yugoslavia, reaches critical mass, who is right and who is wrong, Sasha? Are the rebels right, because they want to create monocultural states within Australia? Or is the “monarchist” Australian government right, to fight the rebels and stop multicultural Australia from coming apart?

As an Australian, I say that the rebels are wrong, and I hope that we have a leader like Tito who will do what it takes to keep my country together. The only thing which makes rebels “right”, is if they win.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 11 February 2012 6:14:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Still and all I would much rather have ASIO watching our backs than some of its detractors.

You can glean from their distortions the sort of cloud cuckoo polices they would implement if they were our gatekeepers.

<<Now DIAC are using it to jail Indonesian children in adult jails before they pretend they are people smugglers>>

<<I mean to say, they found babies to be a risk to national security>>

What was that again about "a dirty tricks campaign"?
Posted by SPQR, Saturday, 11 February 2012 7:18:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear LEGO

You should care as an Australian, especially when our judicial system gets perverted by a foreign government.

Respected journalist Hamish McDonald in today's Sydney Morning Herald writes about the Croatian Six case and re-iterates some of the points I have raised...Here is the link:

Was the jailing of six Croatians a counter-terrorism coup for Australia or a set-up by foreign spies? Hamish McDonald chronicles the case that devastated a community.

Read more:

www.smh.com.au/national/framed-the-untold-story-about-the-croatian-six-20120210-1smum.html#ixzz1m1A4t5YV
Posted by Team Uzunov, Saturday, 11 February 2012 7:55:20 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sasha, I lived through the time of Croation terrorism in Australia. From memory, there was one incident where a bomb went off in a car on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The Croation person in the car who had their legs blown off claimed that he was the victim. But if I remember correctly, the NSW forensics figured out he was on his way to plant the bomb.

Then two more Croation bombs went off in the Sydney CBD, outside of two Yugoslav travel agencies. One bomb killed an Australian, while another blew a leg off another innocent Australian, and a dozen more Aussies were wounded.

Then there was the plot to bomb the Elizebethan Theatre in Newtown, which was hosting a Yugoslav dance troop. If the bomb had gone off inside the theatre, dozens, if not hundreds of Australians would have been killed. Fortunately, ASIO and the NSW Police foiled the plot and arrested the bombers at a house in Lithgow before they could act.

I remember the house, because it sits beside the Mitchel Highway, and it is very prominent. Every time I drive past that house, I remember how close Australia came to a very serious terrorist incident, caused by importing people like you into our country.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 11 February 2012 3:47:21 PM
Dear LEGO

Both my article and Hamish McDonald's article cover the issues you have raised.

As for your comment: "I remember how close Australia came to a very serious terrorist incident, caused by importing people like you into our country."

Gee that's a bit nasty? I'm a law abiding Australian citizen who served as an Australian soldier in East Timor... I don't know what else I would have to do to prove my "loyalty" to people like you...?!

Cheers
Sasha Uzunov.
Posted by Team Uzunov, Saturday, 11 February 2012 4:55:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy