The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Assange case means that we are all suspects now > Comments

The Assange case means that we are all suspects now : Comments

By John Pilger, published 3/2/2012

Washington's enemy is not 'terrorism' but the principle of free speech and voices of conscience within its militarist state and those journalists brave enough to tell their stories.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Loudmouth,I don't know who finances/controls Assange.I'm jsut putting it out there.He is an anomoly and hard to define.He's got shifty eyes and that does not auger well with my gut feelings.

The issue however is not who backs him or how deceptive he is but the right of freedom of expression.

"I may not agree with what you say,but will fight to the death for your right to say it."
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 3 February 2012 7:14:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When will they deport Pilger for his continuous ranting against his own country no doubt while living the good life on every western luxury his fancy credit cards will buy him.

Someone tell the fool the hippie experiment never worked and it's time he grew up and moved on.

Stuck in a time warp Mr. Pilger.
Posted by CHERFUL, Friday, 3 February 2012 7:42:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cherful,this is not a moronic left/right issue.This is about your freedom.I agree with both Pilger and Ron Paul who are opposite ends of the spectrum politically.They both believe in freedom of expression but our masters who invented terrorism do not.

Can your brain wrap itself around that reality for just an instant?
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 3 February 2012 8:38:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that every government, including the USA, has the right to prosecute people who allegedly have committed actions that are crimes eg the current allegations of placing one's nations' troops and one's allies' troops in harms way. The safety of our side's troops is paramount.

There is in my view a distinction though to be made in attempts to prosecute foreign nationals in other nations. I find many of the penalties and treatment of prisoners through torture to be abhorrent. It is also dispicable if one nation has a legal system with strange ways such as Sweden that might hand over Assange to the USA. This kind of thing, along with the strange charges by the Swedish against him seem to be pathetic.

We need law reform in the UK and Australia that will beef up protections for citizens caught up in the situation of Assange. Assange doesn't deserve this treatment.
Posted by Webby, Saturday, 4 February 2012 11:21:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay,

I wonder, of Pilger and Paul, who is the useful idiot for whom ?

But as you infer, Pilger's reputation in relation to the defense of free speech in countries like Russia, Cuba, Libya, Saddam's Iraq, China, is well-known. There are probably statues to him in Assad's free-speech-loving Syria.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 4 February 2012 3:41:29 PM
Webby how can you call rape as strange charges. The only way we will know if there is a charge is to go there for court, and then to gitmo;.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 4 February 2012 3:53:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy