The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine - flag flies, UNESCO cries, legality dies > Comments

Palestine - flag flies, UNESCO cries, legality dies : Comments

By David Singer, published 9/1/2012

UNESCO's decision to admit Palestine as a member has consequences for UNESCO.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Oh my dear David Singer,

My face is a definite shade of blue.

This is now getting a little sad, made even more so by the fact you profess to be a lawyer yet are so bound up in this as a supporter of Israel that you are blind to what is before you.

Please, just for a moment, try and view this dispassionately. 

"The words "two-thirds majority vote of the General Conference" in article II (2) of UNESCO's constitution clearly don't mean the same as the words "two thirds majority vote of members present and voting" in article II (3)."

To any reasonable person the difference is that absentee or proxy voting would be acceptable in fulfilling Article II (2) while Article II (3) demands that the votes are only counted from members who are actually present.

Neither rule negates the fact that two-thirds majority VOTE is still required.

On this thread you have acknowledged you were wrong on Article II (3) yet your petition still reads;

"Palestine's admission as a member of UNESCO on 31 October 2011 is illegal - since the two-thirds majority of members required to admit Palestine under articles II(2) and II (3) of UNESCO'S Constitution is 129 - not the 107 member States that actually voted for Palestine's admission."

For you as the petition's author to leave the wording as it stands is dishonest and misleading, especially as you have dropped the word 'vote'.

How about retaining some self respect and removing it altogether? Every day it remains condemns you further.
Posted by csteele, Thursday, 12 January 2012 1:11:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
690 people out of 23,000,000 is pretty pathetic support from Australians David.

They could all be like Lego.

Your spiving and spruiking is flushing out the worst among us David.

Keep it up.

There seems to be no one else but the magnificently principled lego and Bempec in here openly prepared to support your propaganda stances.

And Bempec mate the problems of the Palenstinian people in Lebanon would be solved overnight with the 'right of return' ... as has been the case in all wars in the western world. And of course the Israeli terrorists tried to solve it once by massacuring them in the camps. Did you support that policy also?

This campaign of propaganda is becoming more and more laughable.

You must be getting really desperate David. And I love the way you never respond to me. Your stonewalling simply confirms you haven't the answers... you know I'm right
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 12 January 2012 5:30:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#To csteele

Rather disingenuously - you fail to state the following sentence is also included in my petition:

"UNESCO must review its decision or seek an advisory opinion from the International Court of Justice to legally validate its admission of Palestine."

I gave UNESCO a detailed submission of my claim on 1 December which it has said it does not intend to answer.

UNESCO's wall of silence convinces me that UNESCO has no answer to my submission. No doubt UNESCO is hoping the issue will simply disappear off the radar.

Well it won't.

700 people from 19 nations around the world now agree with me after just 10 days - many of whom must be very concerned at the consequential damage being caused to UNESCO in implementing its humanitarian programs world wide as a result of America suspending its contribution of 22% of UNESCO's budget.

By the way - the withholding of dues from the United States has now left UNESCO with a $167 million deficit for 2012-2013. The figure just keeps going up.This funding would be restored if Palestine's admission was found to be unlawful.

Determining whether what was done was lawful or not should therefore be the concern of everyone - including yourself.

Again I invite OLO readers - including you - to sign the petition.

Here is the link:
http://www.change.org/petitions/unesco-review-palestines-unconstitutional-membership
Posted by david singer, Thursday, 12 January 2012 5:52:52 PM
'700 people from 19 nations around the world now agree with me after just 10 days'

Singer are you serious?

Now it's not 690 from Australia, it's now 700 from 19 nations.

Hohohohohohoho

Does that mean you expect
1400 from 19 nations after 20 days.

OR 700 from 38 nations after 20 days

OR 1400 people from 38 nations after 20 days

OR

hohohohohohoho?

laughable!

Hey Lego are you going to condemn muslins as the only terrorists after the first car bomb goes of that kills a nuclear scientist or any scientist in the US?

You never considered that did you? Which just goes to show that not only are you racist and mysognist but also just plain stupid.

Yep I am having great fun at yours and Singers lack of intellect.
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 12 January 2012 7:14:58 PM
Dear David,

You claim; "UNESCO's wall of silence convinces me that UNESCO has no answer to my submission. No doubt UNESCO is hoping the issue will simply disappear off the radar."

No, the silence is because they have no case to answer and their hope is that the nuisance called David Singer will just go away.

"Determining whether what was done was lawful or not should therefore be the concern of everyone - including yourself."

No, the lawfulness of the decision is self-evident to all except those who are so blinded by their anti-Palestinian zeal they have become oblivious to the obvious.

I actually do feel a little sorry for you David, you have dug a rather deep hole for yourself and placed a huge amount of cred on the line. I think part of you realizes you have fluffed this one but you have decided the only course open to you is to keep digging.

Ouch!
Posted by csteele, Thursday, 12 January 2012 9:13:13 PM
Oh Mr Singer, so this is all about money-who is going to put in what US darenot-how jewish!
Posted by gazzaboy, Tuesday, 17 January 2012 1:41:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy