The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Costing and commoditising virginity > Comments

Costing and commoditising virginity : Comments

By Matthew Holloway, published 19/12/2011

Virginity is not just a product that can be sold as part of an entertainment package.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
"Pure fantasy."

Are you speaking from experience? Or cluelessness?

You can't imagine anyone would be otherwise than as selfish and bad mannered as you presume they would be on the basis of ....? What? Introspection? Not a bit of projection going on there, is there? ;-)

"We are talking about someone who is paying for sex. Presumably (and this is equally as presumptious as your scenario, only far more probable) he is unable to attract women in the normal course of his life, for whatever reason."

And you would know ... how?

Your 'presumably' is only presumable by your all-presumptions-negative technique that I have criticised for the reasons above.

Just because someone does pay for sex, doesn't mean he's "unable to attract women" otherwise, any more than paying to eat at a restaurant, means you're unable to cook or eat at home.

If you're not interested in understanding the phenomenon you have asked about, then why bother to speculate in invincibly negative circles?

If you are interested, then why not try *imagining* a positive reason? The fact you don't or can't, only reflects poorly on your manners, not other people's.
Posted by Peter Hume, Tuesday, 20 December 2011 7:19:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with all you wrote divine_msn.
I did say that of course men and boys will still ogle mature girls of any age... as that is just human nature!

I would go further and say that women and girls do the same.
I have been known to appreciate the physique of a nice young male, only to be told he is just 15 years old or whatever.
I immediately looked away of course :)

One thing is for sure though, if I was offered a virgin male I would run a mile...

Peter Hume, do you imagine that you alone are the only one on this site with any life experience?

You profess to be the most 'experienced' on this subject, so why not enlighten all us 'bad-mannered','clueless' people and answer all your own questions posed above?
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 20 December 2011 10:13:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I apologise if I have touched a nerve, Peter Hume. This is clearly a topic close to your heart, and I will have to accept your authority in the matter, an authority surely born of far greater experience.

But I remain fundamentally puzzled by the man's motivation in all this. And frankly, despite all your huffing and puffing, your attempts at explanation leave me no wiser.

>>Just because someone does pay for sex, doesn't mean he's "unable to attract women" otherwise, any more than paying to eat at a restaurant, means you're unable to cook or eat at home.<<

Interesting analogy. The close linkage you determine between sex and eating must cause you a great deal of trouble, if one of your friends were to ask you around to join them at a dinner party. What are you to think? Is dining on another woman's cooking a form of betrayal in your eyes? Imagine, too - you'd be surrounded by other couples... eating!

It also occurs to me that if I am indeed going to pay for a meal at a restaurant, I would most certainly require the chef to be competent. Furthermore, the more I pay, the more experience - and talent - I would expect.

Which leads me - thanks to your analogy - back to the same point.

What is it about having sex with an inexperienced stranger that commands such a high price? And I don't buy all that self-indulgent wishful-thinking twaddle about "watching her understanding unfold from tense cluelessness to knowledgeable enjoyment". Sounds too much like a male fantasy to me.

Perhaps that is it. Just another fantasy-fulfillment exercise, indulged in by someone able to hand over sufficient money, that the lady whose "response in the throes of climax is a pure instinctual first, unlearnt" would be convincingly grateful.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 20 December 2011 10:46:18 PM
Secularism inevitably leads to humans being reduced to sex objects to be used and abused. Posters here confirm that. Not content to see massives of young girls on drugs, alcholol and suicidal they pretend that the using of each others body is harmless.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 20 December 2011 11:06:09 PM
"why not ... answer all your own questions posed above?"

I did.

My point is that the commonest view point of most people in this thread is nothing but sneering hostility based apparently on sheer blind prejudice with a good dose of malice thrown in, and that if you use the same intellectual technique as the Christians - i.e. gratuitously and totally negative to the whole topic - you will get a result that, like the Christians', is intellectually and ethically wrong and doesn't care that it is.
Posted by Peter Hume, Wednesday, 21 December 2011 4:50:26 AM
Runner, using and abusing women by men, in the form of prostitution, has been around since the beginning of time...long before there were Christians and secularists.

Are you sure there are no drug-takers, prostitutes, alcoholics and suicides in predominantly Christian countries?

Sex crimes have been rife within many religions throughout the history of mankind, so don't preach such rubbish...
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 21 December 2011 11:30:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy