The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The conscience vote in gay marriage > Comments

The conscience vote in gay marriage : Comments

By Yuri Koszarycz, published 16/12/2011

Abbott's decision to not allow a conscience vote on gay marriage polarises the broader community to either support 'the Party that supports gay marriage', or 'the Party that opposes amendments to the Marriage Act'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Yes, Jimmy:

IF I were a true servant of God, then I would be superior AND I would have honoured myself more than I currently do. I have no need for honours from anybody else.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 18 December 2011 6:56:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@Yuyutsu "IF I were a true servant of God, then I would be superior AND I would have honoured myself more than I currently do."

Ah, so you pride yourself on your modesty, huh? I see. ;-)

@Yuyutsu "I have no need for honours from anybody else."

You patently have the need to tell us what the criteria for being "superior and more honourable" are, otherwise you wouldn't have told us that it was basically... worshiping God.

Sp, why tell us how you think people ought to be judged if you don't need us to judge you?

Doesn't make sense.
Posted by Jimmy Jones, Sunday, 18 December 2011 7:11:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuri,

I'm perplexed.

"Abbott's decision to not allow a conscience vote on gay marriage polarises the broader community to either support 'the Party that supports gay marriage', or 'the Party that opposes amendments to the Marriage Act'"

Why don't you think the Labor Party platform in favour of Gay Marriage doesn't 'polarise(s) the broader community'?

And why Julia's and the labor party's platform of a requirement for a consciense vote doesn't then confuse the crap out of voters?

All Abbott has to say is a vote for Labor will see a change to the marriage act because Gillard is a proven liar and you can't trust anything she says and the faceless ones will see that Labor policy is voted for. She'll agree with the faceless ones and change her mind once re-elected.
Posted by imajulianutter, Sunday, 18 December 2011 8:44:14 PM
I think it would be more accurate to say that the polarity, if one at all is being established, is not so much 'either support "the Party that supports gay marriage," or "the Party that opposes amendments to the Marriage Act"' but rather 'the Party that proposes amendments to the Marriage Act' and 'the Party that supports traditional marriage'. That is, after all, precisely what is being debated, and phrases both sides in a positive fashion
Posted by kotche, Monday, 19 December 2011 11:42:15 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy