The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Should Qantas be a kangaroo? > Comments

Should Qantas be a kangaroo? : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 6/12/2011

Jumping the fence might be just what Australian needs Qantas to do.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The word Kangaroo was appropriated by Banks and Cook when they asked Indigenous Traditional Owners at Cooktown about the hopping biped they saw. Their answer (in Gu Gu Yimidithirr) was that it was a 'Kungaroo'. Which raises even more deeper Questions about capitalism, exploitation, theft and denial. Same deal with the mining tax and Aboriginal lands.
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 4:37:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ranier... With the Nyngumatra and mantiltjara mob in the Pilbarra, the name of the aforesaid biped is "Marlu". When suggesting to a group of young blokes in Jiggalong many years ago the "lets go and get a couple of 'marlu' for a feed, I was laughed at as the butt of a joke. I was unable to 'retroflex' the R, (turn the tongue upside down and flick forward). What I had actually suggested was that we go and get a couple of 'smelly armpit'.... Literally!! I do hope that when I as for a 'cappochino' that I am not making a similar error. To incorporate into Australian english those nouns and lables provided by those with more intimate and accurate knowledge as that posessed at the time by Cook and Banks could also be a recognition of the superior and more accurate nominclature as those that they met at the time....Capitalism, theft appropriation and denial could possibly be just a little prescious perhaps?
Are we straying just a little far from Everards submission?
Posted by Prompete, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 5:24:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Cactus..2. Oh dear, there goes the possibility of rational or civilised intercourse"......Mate! Iam talking about Plains bloke!.......I don't want to root one:)...lol.....mate! you were really funny, and I bet you didn't even know it, did ya:)...anyway, lets put a symbol of you mate!....A f,,king wonbat!......mate...stay off the drugs...lol..

Look! alot of poeple are NOT happy about Qantas and the low acts of upper level types, and I think your one of them:)....I bet your Irish too?.......Now off you go mate.....this sites for big people.

CACTUS
Posted by Cactus..2, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 5:51:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh look:0 I forgot to spell-check......People:) I just read the headline:)....."Should Qantas be a kangaroo?"....and I thought that was funny as, except for Mr " lets actually call Qantas another animal name.

However Mr kill-joy, I'll re-frame from any more stupid and none educational satire of humor just for your righteous point thats in the brackets of " important things that Australia needs to address.

My apologies to all members.

CACTUS
Posted by Cactus..2, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 6:12:13 PM
Sarnian writes

'Make the most of whatever is flying now because when peak oil hits and it surely will, the only flying will be by the very rich and the government. '

Tell that to the gw alarmist who continue to have numerous alarmist love fests that. They don't believe you just like they don't believe the doctrine of rising sea levels. They keep buying places close to the Ocean.

Funny enough 15 years ago Perth to Sydney return was around $900. Now you can do it for $400. You can fly Perth/Malaysia 500 return with Air Asia. I heard your kind of statement in the 70's. Just happens more and more people are enjoying the luxury of flying. Idiotic Governments introducing foolish carbon taxes are trying to keep the fun to their own tax payer funded junkets. Thankfully our Govt. will be tossed out in the next 2 years.

Don't stress its a con job.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 6:47:12 PM
*Fact is when you pay less.... YOU GET LESS wether you think so or not and that includes SAFETY on airlines !*

Ok Bob M, so how much do Singapore Airlines, Cathay and Emirates
pilots earn and are their planes falling out of the sky?

Next question, how many pilots got free training courtesy of
the Australian Air Force?
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 7:35:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy