The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Acting on climate change is in Australia’s national interest > Comments

Acting on climate change is in Australia’s national interest : Comments

By Clancy Moore, published 30/11/2011

Australia needs to be proactive in tackling climate change at the UN Climate Summit.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
579: ´Climate change is real and ongoing, and gaining pace like never before."

Climate change is indeed real, as it is a natural process that has been going on since Earth's beginning. On the other hand, climate alarmists assert that climate change is driven predominantly by anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions, especially CO2 emissions, as these emissions have been rising steadily for some 50 years. Yet, try as they might, they have not been able to detect and measure with much confidence the climate variability , if any, attributed to anthropogenic causes.

Don Aitkin's suggested reference to Climate Etc. is very timely, as it has an 18th November 2011 post by Judith Curry on the just- released IPCC Special Report on Extreme Events. See:

http://judithcurry.com/2011/11/18/ipcc-special-report-on-extreme-events/

Not surprisingly, the report reluctantly admits that not much confidence can be placed on projections produced with climate models that the IPCC uses.

Anthonyve: "that the IPCC could either scam, trick or coerse these other bodies into participating in a global deceipt, I would say is impossible".

The IPCC was set up circa 1988 to "assess the scientific, technical and socio-economic information relevant for the understanding of the risk of human-induced climate change". Climate alarmists, including the organisations you refer to, unquestionably accept the IPCC reports. So much so, that it is not politically correct to do otherwise
Posted by Raycom, Friday, 2 December 2011 10:51:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Follow the money trail.Who creates all the money for the US and our economies to function? The US federal reserve (privet banks)+ the commercial banks.Who funds the UN? Mostly the US Tax payer and member countries. Who funds the IPCC ? The UN.Who controls our Govts? The banking system which creates from nothing the money to equal increases in GDP + inflation.Corporates rule the planet and they buy the science to suit their agenda.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 3 December 2011 6:46:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm laughing with the typo, Arjay, not at it…

Do those privet banks control the hedge fund's?
Posted by WmTrevor, Saturday, 3 December 2011 9:04:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Arjay,
I hate to spoil a theory with facts, but the US Congress, and a large part of the US population despises the UN.
The US is forever behind on paying its dues to the UN and is always looking for reasons not to.
So, to say that the US taxpayer funds the UN is just plain wrong.
Cheers,
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Saturday, 3 December 2011 9:45:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AnthonyV,

I hate to spoil your grandstanding but on this issue Arjay is--just plain right.

The US contributes 22% of the UN budget (see chart, midway down).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations

And that is before we factor in the donated land & buildings which form its HQ
http://www.aviewoncities.com/nyc/unitednations.htm

And frankly, if I were contributing that much to an organization with a track record like the UN, I'd be wanting to withhold my money too!
Posted by SPQR, Saturday, 3 December 2011 11:05:02 AM
Raycom I do not go by IPCC i go by NASA, Co2 in the atmosphere is at an all time high, it has been rising since 1950 and has not deviated in its upward spiral. The level is 380 parts / million in 1950 it was 280 parts / million. Nasa has all the measuring gear and the appropriate scientists, i would not know what others say. NASA says the highest level for 650,000 years.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 3 December 2011 12:56:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy