The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The trend of destiny: The impossibility of population growth > Comments

The trend of destiny: The impossibility of population growth : Comments

By Michael Kile, published 31/10/2011

Population growth is not the best outcome for society or the planet.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Jay,

You're right, I should gave tagged those organisations "Western" instead of "white".

Unlike you, I don't subscribe to the dictum that the colour of one's skin dictates the level of morality, intelligence or, for that matter, wisdom.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 1 November 2011 5:35:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AlisonGraham

If you put a group of of white people in a tropical latitude for a few millennia their descendants would be black. And the dark humans who traveled from Africa to Europe have white progeny. Surely a preoccupation with race is an illogical fear, isn't it? Isn't the type of civilisation we live in the crux of the matter, and isn't that determined by education, infrastructure and economic prosperity? That is why I find it so strange that Cornucopian growth nuts are so pessimistic about places like Japan and Western Europe. I wonder whether they think the prospects of countries like India and China to be better?
Posted by Fester, Tuesday, 1 November 2011 8:18:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
VK3AUU
for heaven sake look up fertiliser and start reading.. you were the one who insisted that fertiliser comes from oil, which also does not contain potash and phosphorous. Nitrogen is a main ingredient and that comes from air, if they ever run out of mined fertiliser. The deposits you mentioned are mined out, but there is no suggestion of a fertiliser shortage.. I've heard of a projected fertiliser peak, but nothing's ever been shown .. as I said, get reading..
Posted by Curmudgeon, Tuesday, 1 November 2011 10:27:55 PM
Poirot,
Neither do I, but race is real and it matters, the advances in technology and agricultural science that feed the multitudes will always go West to East.
Africans aren't "stupid" but their strengths lie in other areas, it's not called the developing world for nothing.
If there were no copyright laws or patents there'd still be White people who'd invent things just to give away to poor people, we overcame scarcity thousands of years ago and now we're motivated to make the world a better place. This forum is an example of that, a bunch of White people sitting about with nothing better to do but discuss how to improve the lives of others.
What I object to is the exploitation and perversion of White good will by Anti Whites, who use White guilt and false "evidence" of collective responsibility for world poverty to pursue an Anti White agenda.
It's not our fault, we're part of the 99%, blame the 1%.

Fester,
Joe made an Anti White comment, he wants the Third world population in White countries to grow while working toward population reduction in Third world countries.
He favours replacing most of the White people with non White people, he may claim to be anti Racist but what he is is Anti White, Anti Racist is just a code word for anti White.
He made this into a race problem, not Alison and I.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 5:47:51 AM
Curmudgeon. It wasn't me mate. I have a
Diploma of Applied Chemistry from Swinburne 1960. I have also been a dairyfarmer, there isn't a lot I don't know about fertilizer.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 6:47:38 AM
The FERTILISER industry’s main energy requirement is the hydrocarbon fuel and feedstocks(to get hydrogen) used in manufacturing ammonia. Virtually all nitrogen fertilizers are derived from ammonia, and ammonia production accounts for 87% of the fertiliser industry’s total energy consumption. The manufacture of all N fertilizers together accounts for about 94% of the fertiliser sector’s oil use.

Get used to it.

When oil runs out and CSG becomes anathema, Fertiliser production stops, so does agriculture, so does world peace and then so does this insanity of endless population growth for a curmudgeonly, mindless sea of lost souls on this finite planet.
Posted by KAEP, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 9:13:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy