The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Germany sets aside $130 billion for renewable energy > Comments

Germany sets aside $130 billion for renewable energy : Comments

By John Daly, published 24/10/2011

This is an extraordinary (and expensive) commitment that may well have the collateral benefit of unlocking similar funding worldwide for renewable energy projects.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
SM,

You've been watching too much "60-minutes".

Did you miss the bit in my post about fossil fuel industrial mischief gutting GEOTHERMAL initiatives by deadly-embracing them and locking them up.

Or do you still believe in Santa Claus and the benifience of fossil-CEOS who stand to lose $trillions if cheap GEOTHERMAL ENERGY came online in suburban backyards instead of from gargantuan Peabody mines.

Also I must have missed "60-minutes" because, let me tell you this:
There are NO huge amounts of (baseload) energy available in nature external to:

*fossil fuels,
*GEOTHERMAL and
*planet MERCURY ORBITAL SOLAR generators.

That's the PROBLEM. Thats why global economics are collapsing. You must be the only person on the planet to have missed the point.

I cannot STOP fossil fuel mischiefs but I can 'give-ya' the other two!
Posted by KAEP, Wednesday, 26 October 2011 10:19:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trash,

I'm pleasantly surprised. I had taken you for an idealistic greenie.

I am a strong supporter of nuclear. My suggestion has been to replace the coal generation at Hazelwood with some nuclear reactors, as the water supply and reticulation is already in place, and the landscape with the mining is far from pristine.

Reprocessing the waste gets rid of most of the problems, but is probably not viable until there are 10+ reactors in the country.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 26 October 2011 11:03:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
John J, enlightening post. Spain is a basket case partly due to the switch over to 'alternative energy' sources.

See http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a2PHwqAs7BS0
Posted by Atman, Wednesday, 26 October 2011 2:48:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy