The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What is the use of philosophers? > Comments

What is the use of philosophers? : Comments

By Pablo Jiménez Lobeira, published 7/10/2011

Philosophers perform the division of labour least practised and most needed today.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
*christian forgiveness always has required REPENTENCE, first.*

Ah Formesnag, so as a good Christian, you are going to throw
those who happen to disagree with you, in the Gulag first.

How Christian of you. At least now we know what true
Christianity is all about, Gulags and all.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 10 October 2011 12:48:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's true, TrashcanMan, he definitely has.

>>Formersnag, Methinks you've missed the whole point of Jesus' teachings.<<

But in his defence, it is a well-known fact that Jesus was not a Protestant.

So it is not very fair to link his claim that "the only philosophy we need is PROTESTANT christianity" (whatever that might be) with Jesus. The two concepts are clearly mutually exclusive.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 10 October 2011 1:13:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12713#219746
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12713#219749

Yabby & Pericles, AH here we see the usual approach of the communazis to anybody who disagrees with THEM, or questions the claims of the loony left ruling elites to the high moral ground in any discussion.

Same cheap tactic as any neurotic woman verbally, emotionally & psychologically abusing her "partner", namely "accidentally on purpose" misunderstanding what was said & deliberately misquoting.

i never said anything about people who disagree with me but people who have ACTUALLY committed crimes & the case being prosecuted if there is evidence available to PROVE it beyond reasonable doubt, which there is.

i also specifically never said anything about gulags either, they include "cruel & unusual punishment", starvation etc.

i specifically said "humanely" run jails which would include valuable work to maintain the self esteam of the prisoners & give them an opportunity to pay off thier debt to society &/or repent their sins as the good book would say.
Posted by Formersnag, Monday, 10 October 2011 5:47:35 PM
Oh we know what you wrote, Formersnag, its there in black and white
for all to read.

But I really liked this part:

*i would never advocate the death penalty or burning at the stake*

Sheesh, you must be becoming an old softie in your old age...
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 10 October 2011 7:29:53 PM
"...it is a well-known fact that Jesus was not a Protestant. "

LOL. He accepted the primacy of the bishop of Rome, did he?
Posted by Peter Hume, Thursday, 13 October 2011 8:05:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy