The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: fixing the figures, fudging the facts > Comments

Palestine: fixing the figures, fudging the facts : Comments

By David Singer, published 6/10/2011

Not only Israel, but Jordan, is at threat from PLO manouvering.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
If Mr. Singer, the 'Australian Lawyer' considers that things I have said have a sinister overtone, he really should proof read his own writings through Australian eyes, pontificating as he does for his own sinister government in Israel, as sinister (Oxford Dictionary...suggestive of evil, criminal, sinister motives, involving wickedness) and as devious a state in the history of inhumanity to man.

A pariah state.

Even in a Hebrew dictionary it has the same meaning but certainly able to be bespoke tailored on request to suit the requirements of Tel Aviv, of course.

Standard Zionist practice in whatever country one hangs one's shingle or wherever a sayanim places his jaundiced soapbox promoting sixty years of 'sinister' actions by an evil foreign state.

Not acceptable out here. Time for all people to decide to which country they owe their loyalty.
Posted by rexw, Saturday, 8 October 2011 10:40:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rexw,

You are challenged to cite where you obtain your information. Actual sources.
Posted by Danielle, Saturday, 8 October 2011 11:26:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
According to Dr Adel Safty, Former Head of UN Mission, Founder of the UNESCO Leadership Chair and President of the Global Leadership Forum, Singer's article

"is in fact a good illustration of how the author does what he accuses the Palestinians of doing: fixing the figures, fudging the facts. His whole argument is based on conveniently disregarding one simple but fundamental fact, namely that Great Britain, which received the Mandate for Palestine from the League of Nations in 1922, divided the Mandate territory, with the consent of the League of Nations, into Palestine, under direct British administrative rule; and Transjordan under the rule of the Hashemite family. Transjordan will achieve independence as today’s Jordan; the Palestine Mandate will end in May 1948, by which time the Zionists were in a position to announce the birth of the state of Israel.

The provisions of the 1917 Balfour Declaration promising help in establishing a Jewish home in Palestine were inserted in the Mandate for Palestine. The British restricted its application to mandated Palestine, and exempted Transjordan from the Jewish home project.
It is therefore factually correct to say that Israel is established on 78% of Palestine while the proposed Palestinian state will be restricted to the remaining 22% of Palestine.

The Zionists and their apologists in the West cannot accept the competency of Great Britain to promise the land of one people to another and to implement this fantastic project by perverting the very essence of the Mandate (“a sacred trust of civilization”) when such machinations benefit them, but reject the competency of the same Great Britain when it limits the application of the Balfour Declaration to Palestine."
Posted by Vacy, Sunday, 9 October 2011 6:28:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#To Vacy

I am indeed interested to read the comments attributed by you to Dr Adel Safty - apparently it appears in response to this specific article of mine published by OLO.

I thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Is he the same Adel Safty who heads the Global Leadership Forum?

Before posting a reply I would be pleased if you could give me the link to his comments so that I can read his entire posting.

You have apparently quoted some of his comments from I assume an article or other post on the net that I have tried to access without success.

Rest assured I will respond after I have read his piece in full.
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 9 October 2011 1:51:14 PM
No one will forget Jordan's Black September.
Posted by Danielle, Sunday, 9 October 2011 4:56:31 PM
Nor the much more recent Israeli's disgraceful incursion into and destruction of the infrustructure in Southern Lebanon and ... of course the subsequent humiliating defeat and forced withdrawal.

Hamas still exists as do the Syrian supplied rockets.
Posted by imajulianutter, Monday, 10 October 2011 7:45:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy