The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: Theatre Of The Absurd opens at the United Nations > Comments

Palestine: Theatre Of The Absurd opens at the United Nations : Comments

By David Singer, published 29/9/2011

Mahmoud Abbas claims to recognition of a Palestinian state by the UN are absurdity piled on absurdity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
David Singer wrote:

>>#To stevenlmeyer

I would prefer that you post your criticisms on line so that they can then be shared with everyone and responded to in the same vein.>>

I regret that I must decline to accommodate your preference. My offer to communicate in private stands.

However in case you would prefer to communicate by phone I hereby give Graham permission to pass on my mobile phone number.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Tuesday, 4 October 2011 7:10:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Your query on Israel's boundaries is unrelated to the subject matter of my article and in accordance with my previously expressed view I do not intend to deal with issues that fall outside my article.'

Of course since Israel doesn't accept a state of Palestine it hasn't borders with it, has it David?

Of course you won't discuss borders, or settlements either. We'd all, including you David, have to be daft to expect any rabid zionist to be reasonsble in a discussion on those topics. And you know that too. Don't you David?
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 4 October 2011 9:20:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#To imajulianutter

You really chose a great pseudonym - you are indeed a nutter spouting the following gratuitous falsehood:

"Of course since Israel doesn't accept a state of Palestine it hasn't borders with it,has it David?"

Israel made two offers to the Palestinian Authority in 2000/1 and 2008 that were rejected. Both would have given the Palestinian Arabs a state in more than 90% of the West Bank and Gaza with a capital in East Jerusalem. These offers were rejected because the Arabs wanted 100% - which they are perfectly entitled to demand. But they must accept the consequences of their negotiating stance and have no one to blame but themselves for what happens as a result.

The Palestinian Arabs have a history of rejecting their own State - in 1937, 1947, between 1948-1967 - when not one Jew lived in the West Bank, East Jerusalem or Gaza and these areas were occupied by Jordan and Egypt.

They too were nutters in missing these opportunities to achieve statehood.

Approaching the UN now is another instance of letting slip an opportunity to do a deal with Israel. That is their choice and again they will have to live with the consequences.

I hope you made your absurd statement from pure ignorance and not deliberately by design intended to deceive and mislead.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 4 October 2011 10:40:52 AM
#To stevenlmeyer

Sorry but my decision stands. If you have any criticism of my article or its conclusions then post them on the OLO site and I will endeavour to answer them.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 4 October 2011 10:43:40 AM
David Singer wrote:

>>#To stevenlmeyer

Sorry but my decision stands. If you have any criticism of my article or its conclusions then post them on the OLO site and I will endeavour to answer them.>>

My critique is not directed at any specific article so much as to your general approach. However I am unwilling to spell this out in a public forum.

So I guess we are destined not to have a discussion.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Tuesday, 4 October 2011 6:09:26 PM
David,

If you say you accept the existance of a state and then go about setting up illegal settlements then you are self deceptive and absurd in expecting rational people to believe your rhetoric.

In my world actions speak volumes. In yours it seems land theft sanctioned by Israeli courts and lies matter most.

ps Your intrepretation of my nick name speaks volumes, about your blinkered comprehension and authoritie attitudes.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 5 October 2011 7:50:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy