The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: Theatre Of The Absurd opens at the United Nations > Comments

Palestine: Theatre Of The Absurd opens at the United Nations : Comments

By David Singer, published 29/9/2011

Mahmoud Abbas claims to recognition of a Palestinian state by the UN are absurdity piled on absurdity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Shannah tova David Singer
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Friday, 30 September 2011 3:33:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, obviously clocked prematurely.

Shannah tova David Singer.

A suggestion for a new year's resolution.

Stop already with these ridiculous articles.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Friday, 30 September 2011 6:31:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Even funnier when they are biting 'the hand that feeds', the US Congress managed to agree on something (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/when-the-moderates-wither-1.387574).

Another couple of billion dollars worth of savings per annum toward their trillion dollar target over a decade I'd suspect.

That is what happens when you try and build a State which has 0 exports and no GDP and is wholly reliant upon foreign aid.
Posted by Custard, Sunday, 2 October 2011 10:05:20 AM
#To rexw, VK3 AUU,stan1,imajulianutter,TrashmanCan and stevenlmeyer:

As usual I am subjected to a barrage of personal abuse and generalized rejection of my article without any attempt by any of you to detail where any of my facts are wrong or my analysis is considered to be in error.

If you are prepared to state your specific objections to anything I have written or the conclusions I have drawn - then feel free to do so.

Shooting the messenger is a poor substitute and indicates the paucity of your thinking.

I do not intend to be diverted from this position by being sidetracked on matters which are not the subject of my article.
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 2 October 2011 11:15:53 AM
Mr Singer, UNGA Resolution 181 (1947) was accepted by the State of Israel in 1948. It was accepted by the Chair of the PLA/PLO in 1990. That is important as it precludes the right of any Arab person not resident in the Jewish State (or Jewish person not resident in the Arab State) to choose to live in the other. That precludes the oft suggested 'right of return'.

As for the rest, they can declare their borders as they see fit. They have neither the military capacity or the will to hold anything other than what they have been given to date. However, as Hamas is 'part' of the overall Administration and refuses to cease the ongoing conflict, they are a hostile State, so all aid can and should be severed and the blockade enforced until such time as they see sense.

Hamas has 2 major problems if this goes ahead (a) the subterranean aquifer that provides the only water supply for the Gaza strip was extensively damaged in 'Cast Lead' and is only being propped up by wastewater treatment plants pumping water into the same and (b) the fact that as a 'de jure' Government, actions by non-State actors would see the legitimation of the destruction of infrastructure, roads, bridges, water treatment plants, etc. as seen in 2006 in Lebanon.

But by all means, let them have Statehood, why they didn't accept it in 1948 (or at any time since) is beyond me. We are entering severe economic times, failed States that rely upon aid are in all sorts, maybe they'll be forced to actually govern.
Posted by Custard, Sunday, 2 October 2011 2:00:28 PM
David

Your use of words such as barrage, abuse and shooting in response to a written criticism of lacking decency and fairness may be a case of freudian slippage.

Regardless nobody here seems to support your conclusions and really I can't see the point in debating you as you just mouth off the same old repewtitive propoaganda.
Posted by imajulianutter, Sunday, 2 October 2011 3:25:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy