The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Energy efficiency rating pushes more out of home ownership > Comments

Energy efficiency rating pushes more out of home ownership : Comments

By Adam Creighton, published 22/9/2011

The supposed benefits from environmental rating are tentative at best, but it will definitely make houses less affordable.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
"What is causing the housing affordability crisis in Australia?
Skeptic,
Australians.
Posted by individual, Friday, 23 September 2011 6:33:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More wan*er rubbish to rip money out of us, & employ more useless graduates in fairy floss disciplines, in the bureaucracy, to administer.

The whole thing is meaningless, unless you add in the behaviour of every resident.

I neither heat or cool my home.

Some people only heat or cool a single room.

A few actually temperature control their entire home.

A number I know, with newly built houses, did install complete temperature control, but few can afford to use it, in todays open plan homes.

This being the case an energy efficiency rating is about as useful as tits on a bull, in the real world.

Guess there must be a glut of arts grads, looking for jobs.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 23 September 2011 10:17:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When will people realise that Australia is run BY politicians FOR politicians & for their mates, overseas cargo-cult-corporations and any unskilled foreigner who has wealth or/and ability to kiss Canberra ass.

Australia is NOT a democracy. Having a vote does not mean you have a say anymore. Hordes of imported tailored votes make sure of that. The process of NATION BUILDING has morphed into FEUDAL GOVERNMENT. Back to the very primitive roots of Democracy, but definitely not democracy.

Thus housing is meant to become unaffordable along with electricity, fuels, shipping, water and all the essentials of life.

That way politicians become Lords Ladies and Barons as is their want and YOU PAY FOR IT!

STOP the asphyxiation of IMMIGRATION NOW and let this country's DEMOCRACY BREATHE!
Posted by KAEP, Friday, 23 September 2011 10:50:13 AM
Oh and if IMMIGRATION continues against majority wishes then MARCH & VOTE for DETENTION CENTRES to be built next to Kevin Rudd's house and Malcolm Frasers Farms.

SEE what happens then!
Posted by KAEP, Friday, 23 September 2011 10:55:15 AM
I wonder about the energy efficiency of author Creighton's long bow, and what, exactly, he thinks he is shooting at.

I am hoping he has good friends high up in the Coalition, who pay him closer attention, now that Godwin Gretch is gone.
Posted by Sir Vivor, Friday, 23 September 2011 11:47:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy